GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta say, Gerbings are great...except for walking on wires. My attempted solution seems to work. I purchased some $8 Dr. Scholls inserts, put them in the socks and they do a pretty good job of cushioning the wires. I wear a thin pair of socks inside that. Minor drawback is losing the heat from the bottom, but I've been very warm in the mid 30s. After I bought the inserts, I figured that some box cardboard would probably do just as well or maybe the inserts that come with the boots nowadays.

If it doesn't continue to do the trick, I'll probably cut a slit in the bottom of the socks [no cut wires] and fold them toward the outside of my boots since I have a large pair for winter riding. Or I'll cut them all the way and tack them to another pair of socks.

Anyone else got ideas?
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

·
Registered
317 Posts
We have the Gerbing's sock's and the wires were a issue. We purchased the Cruiserworks boots and no longer have to wear the socks. If we did they have a cushioned insole. Have not needed them since.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Dan,
I use the socks and love them. I wear a pair of relatively thin socks inside and use either a pair of Wellington style motorcycle boots or my Red Wing lace up work boots. The cushioning of the Red Wings seems to be the best combination I have been able to come up with.
Good luck! They really don't seem to be made for walking!

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I have an issue with the socks also. I did the same as you, slipped a thin pair of Dr Scholls liners inside the socks. I: also wear a thin pair inside the heated ones. I think my solution is going to be to take a pair of boots (that fit and I like) to Gerbing and have them wire 'em up. I know they used to do that type of thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts