GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Gerbing jacket liner and gloves and want to mount the plugin permanently on the bike somewhere. I would also like some kind of slider to adjust the temp instead of the little knob on the controller.

Has anyone done this and could I get some pictures? Is there a slider type adjustment I can get?.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
788 Posts
trialsman said:
I have the Gerbing jacket liner and gloves and want to mount the plugin permanently on the bike somewhere. I would also like some kind of slider to adjust the temp instead of the little knob on the controller.

Has anyone done this and could I get some pictures? Is there a slider type adjustment I can get?.

Thanks in advance
Most people mount the permanent controller underneath the headlight adjust panel.

Gerbing does not provide a controller with a slider control. Maybe if you could figure out who manufactured the controller and then went to their website, you might get lucky. But, somehow, I don't think that will work.

·
Registered
86 Posts
mine is mounted on the right side where the heated grips controler is usually mounted. I have the knob type and have two, one for rider and passerger.

·
Registered
241 Posts
One controller or dual? I went with dual so I could control gloves and jacket liner separately (and glad I did). Mounted the controls on the panel beneath the right pocket. In my opinion the panel beneath the left pocket is a pretty crowded area, plus I really didn't want two separate cables running from the panel to my jacket, so I made a 4-pin connector from modular model airplane plugs (Tower Hobbies) that are good for lots of current and mate positively. That connector resides up under the gray housing that surrounds the ignition key and is velcroed to it and out of sight most of the year. When I want to plug in, I run my single 4-conductor patch cord from the jacket hem connector panel to the 4-pole connector under the ignition cover and I'm warm. Just another option to think about. If I had everything on one circuit, I might rethink my approach, going with a panel-mount plug like others here have done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts