GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding for nearly 25 years without heated clothing I decided to take the plunge and get the Gerbing's setup..... Gloves, socks,duel controller,Jacket and vest liner. The local dealer had a 15% off sale which even made it better. Had everything in stock except the pants liner....being 6'-3" and about 315 pounds the stock did not fit. Took the chart off the Internet site ,took some measurements and ordered them,( sort of scary, if they don't fit there is no return) and i received them and a perfect fit. So if your local dealer don't have what fits properly you should not fear custom ordering.
So if you live in the colder area's this is the way to go..

Now what to hint for for Christmas :)

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I agree about the heated clothing. Good tip on the custom ordering. There seems to be something about Gold Wings riders that makes them custom :lol:

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Usually a good dealer has pretty good selection of the jacket liners, along with the gloves and socks, available that can be purchased off the shelf, but you definitely need to do all of the measurements (as Gerbing wants them) to get an exact and custom fit for the Gerbing pants liners. Once ordered it doesn't "usually" take all that long to get your order back (mine took a few weeks), but of course that can vary according to the season and how busy they are at the factory too.

A great product and addition for anyone that wants to ride comfortably in colder weather.

DaleC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts