GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there is no sub forum to Germany, I thought I'd start one in a sub forum.

Buying a bike in Germany, anyone done it?

Shipping to Germany/EU, anyone done it?

Insurance in Germany, Anyone have a comment?

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
shipping goldwing

Germany, bought a 2001 yellow with 134k miles to ship over. Sending by container ship. cost about 1300 bucks plus insurance or 1% value of bike. He will store free until end of May. Shipping Feb 10 out of Seattle. . Requires five copy of title, passport and bill of sale. Needs insurance for $160 first month (green card) $120 month after...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I am from Germany, have been owning GL1800 '05 for 5 years.

Shipping/bying - no idea, sorry.

Tax is about 200 EUR (seasonal license plate - March till November), insurance is about 200 too.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Germany rides

2016 EU riding.

2001 Yellow still kicking in the EU. 3500mi in 5 weeks Sauerland, Bavarian Chech boarders, Deutschland Alps Auto Strasse and a bit of the Blackforest. Ending with two weeks in Englan/Wales. Took Overnight ferry from Rotterdam Europoort Netherlands to Hull England. Road north to Pennines York Moors, Carlile-Hadrian's Wall, North Wales and Mt Snowden. Ended with Stonehenge area, Salisbury Cathedral. Back to Munich via Dover Ferry.

Met loads of People in Hiedleburg , renting or hanging out getting stored bikes ready.

Seattle...Steffen is shipping a container out October...Get yours on...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.