GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and was needing to know if anyone had did the modification using the original fork covers that Fred does on his website, his shows using a Kury but not sure on the Traxxion since it is not curved like the Kury. any and all help appreciated

thanks

JB

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I have the Traxxion! WOW! A GREAT ADDITION, you will imediatly feel the difference! I also bought the fork covers, they are aluminum (not plastic), the fit was perfect, I LIKE! I would buy again.......

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Traxxion fork brace has fork protectors, so I think it might be a better choice.

I recently bought the Kury stick on fork protectors, and I'm not impressed with them at all. If I had it to do over again, I think I would just get the Traxxion fork brace.
the traxxion fork protectors are an additional 99.00 if I read the website right

thanks

JB

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have the full Traxxion setup on my '09...........with the black anodized fork brace and fork guards. Yes they are aluminum not cheap plastic.
Top notch quality and it looks awesome! :thumbup:
Traxxion did a great job of making the fork guards an integral part of the brace.

btw - The fork guards are a separate purchase from the fork brace and not included.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to all, just got off the phone with traxxion (Dan) and got the complete package (brace and dust covers), now if the weather will warm up so I can get this put on, thanks again to all those that gave me info

JB

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
thanks to all, just got off the phone with traxxon (Dan) and got the complete package (brace and dust covers), now if the weather will warm up so I can get this put on, thanks again to all those that gave me info

JB
JB,

It's a 15-20 minute job. Very easy to do and the result is great! Just be sure to tighten the front bolts around the tube protectors completely and then tighten the back so you don't leave a gap like I did in this picture. By the way, they're on properly now.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JB,

It's a 15-20 minute job. Very easy to do and the result is great! Just be sure to tighten the front bolts around the tube protectors completely and then tighten the back so you don't leave a gap like I did in this picture. By the way, they're on properly now.

Thanks Bartman, good point to know, thanks again, I am looking forward to putting this on and I hope I notice the change that all have said they have noticed, will make the 300.00 spent feel much better LOL

thanks

JB

·
Registered
126 Posts
Those that have the traxxion, how high polished is the polished one, and those with the black one, are you happy with the way it looks on the bike, including the protectors. Saw the closeup pic, but hard to tell overall appearance up close. Thanks, Randy

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those that have the traxxion, how high polished is the polished one, and those with the black one, are you happy with the way it looks on the bike, including the protectors. Saw the closeup pic, but hard to tell overall appearance up close. Thanks, Randy
Good point txrandy, would like to see pictures of some of the traxxion installed myself, I went with the silver but now on your black bike I bet it looks good. but that is why they have 2 different colors as we all sure are not the same (Thanks Goodness for that) LOL

JB

S

·
0 Posts
Randy the silver brace is just brushed aluminum and then clear anodized .
As far as looks go , both colors work , it all depends what your looking for .

Here is a pic of the silver one without the guards .

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Good point txrandy, would like to see pictures of some of the traxxion installed myself, I went with the silver as I didnt think the black would look to good on my white bike, but now on your black bike I bet it looks good. but that is why they have 2 different colors as we all sure are not the same (Thanks Goodness for that) LOL

JB
Now I was just the opposite. I thought the black would look better since I already have "black" tires, handlebars, grips and all the other black parts on the bike. The black gives a nice contrast on my white '06.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I was up in the air as to which to get, when I got the full Traxxion installed at the dealer prior to delivery of my bike.
I went with the black anodized with my Candy Black Cherry bike..........looks awesome IMHO.

I think the darker bike colors would look better with black anodized and vice-verse. I think the bright aluminum version would of stuck out to much on my darker colored bike.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had the Kury ordered because was chrome, but didnt like idea of no protectors, so since Kury was back ordered, I cancelled and am probably going with traxxion and protectors, and black I think will look good on my black bike. Thanks for the pic and everyones help!! Randy

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It was Traxxion for me...black anodized with protectors. Ditto on clamping front first then tighten everything to torque specs.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had the Kury ordered because was chrome, but didnt like idea of no protectors, so since Kury was back ordered, I cancelled and am probably going with traxxion and protectors, and black I think will look good on my black bike. Thanks for the pic and everyones help!! Randy
Call Traxxion and speak to Dan, he took real good care of me, very professional

thanks

JB

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now I was just the opposite. I thought the black would look better since I already have "black" tires, handlebars, grips and all the other black parts on the bike. The black gives a nice contrast on my white '06.
Bartman, now after looking at your bike again, you got me thinkin but to late, just got the tracking number for my silver one, oh well it will still do the job but might not as well as the black one ;)

JB

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Been trying to read up on the install on the traxxion but dont find any install instructions on their site. do you have to pull the front part of the fender off, does the instructions tell you where to place on the forks, may be dumb questions but I was just trying to be up to speed when I got the fork brace

thanks

JB

1 - 20 of 32 Posts