GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding with my neotech with sena 50s with no problem. I have the suspension set up for one rider and luggage. Today was my wifes attempt to ride my new 2022 6 speed for a breakfast run to try out her bluetooth. First of all i turned on both bluetooths and then started the bike. Mine set up ok, when i tried to connect my wifes helmet it was stating hers was a honda bluetooth and not the sena 50. Also my suspension went back to single rider and it would not let me move the icon to 2 up riders with luggage. I am about ready to throw it all in the garbage. The sena directions is about 30 pages long, seems like it would be alot more simpler to me. Why does the passenger come up with a honda bluetooth and not the sena 50 witch is on her helmet.

·
Registered
2021 Goldwing Tour 6 MT
257 Posts
I don't use a Sena, but I found with my bluetooth adaptor the bike must be turned on first, then the bluetooth adaptor.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Why does the passenger come up with a honda bluetooth and not the sena 50 witch is on her helmet.
Does the Sena 50 use mesh intercom or bluetooth intercom? How many bluetooth channels does the Sena have? How many channels are YOU using to connect with various bluetooth items? The bike is 1.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Should i be inmesh everytime when we ride to talk to each other and both listeneing to music. On the way home we paired the two helmets together so we could at least talk and then only were able to listen to the outside speakers. What is the exact sequence i should do when we both want to ride together.

·
Registered
Scarlett (2015 GL1800 HPNMF), KITT (2021 GL1800D)
310 Posts
The wife and I BT to the bike to hear music through the headset and Mesh to talk to each other. I am not fond of the new technology as it is very restrictive on what can be done. Unlike the previous years where you can plug into the bike and do it all.

I prefer to listen to music through the bike speakers and Nav through the headset, with intercom functions to communicate. You can do that with the older wings....but not with the 2018+. It is all one thing or nothing. If you BT to talk, you lose the bike so no music/nav. If you BT to the bike for music/nav, you have to Mesh to talk. Technology sux sometimes.

Reactions: Ratster

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Should i be inmesh everytime when we ride to talk to each other and both listeneing to music. On the way home we paired the two helmets together so we could at least talk and then only were able to listen to the outside speakers. What is the exact sequence i should do when we both want to ride together.
You probably have 2 BT channels on the Sena. Mesh gives you the ability to intercom without losing a BT channel.

Does your wife listen to the same music as you or to her own? Does she need to hear the GPS instructions? If the answers are she listens to her own music and has no need to hear the GPS, her headset doesn't need to be paired to the bike. She only needs to be meshed with your headset for intercom. Her headset would be bluetooth paired with her music device (cell phone or whatever).

Reactions: Bulitt

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All we were trying to do is listen to music on my xm radio fm,am and pandora from my phone. Her phone is turned off. When mesh is on the 2 helmet pair and we can talk but the radio/music from bike and or phone does not play inside helmet. I do not listen to anything else including gps etc.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
All we were trying to do is listen to music on my xm radio fm,am and pandora from my phone. Her phone is turned off. When mesh is on the 2 helmet pair and we can talk but the radio/music from bike and or phone does not play inside helmet. I do not listen to anything else including gps etc.
#1, the suspension problem you mention above is NOT related to the BT issue.

#2, IIRC, for HER to listen to the bike audio, HER headset needs paired to the bike. IDK if it needs to be paired to YOUR headset and IDK if it can be paired to yours via mesh or if it has to be paired via BT.

A question for you...is your phone paired to the BIKE or paired to your HELMETS?

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
787 Posts
Sounds like you might have a left over factory set up headset still paired to the bike's passenger headset position.

Delete the passenger headset pairing and start over
Follow page 86 of your bike's owners manual
On the bike home screen
Audio Setting
BlueTooth setting
Passenger BT setting
Select the headset, then delete then enter

Pairing process will be almost identical to what you did to pair your headset to the bike.

Put the Sena in pairing mode

Follow page 86 of your bike's owners manual
On the bike home screen
Audio Setting
BlueTooth setting
Passenger BT setting
Inquiry
Select headset and hit enter

Make sure neither of you have your phone connected to either headset.

Follow this Guide for both headsets every time:

Guide to Ensuring Consistent Comms

Look at "troubleshooting" if either headset fails to connect.

For rider / passenger intercom, your headsets have to be paired with each other. That is not through the bike.
Very easy. Follow process in your Sena Quick Start Up Quide

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
#1, the suspension problem you mention above is NOT related to the BT issue.

#2, IIRC, for HER to listen to the bike audio, HER headset needs paired to the bike. IDK if it needs to be paired to YOUR headset and IDK if it can be paired to yours via mesh or if it has to be paired via BT.

A question for you...is your phone paired to the BIKE or paired to your HELMETS?
I got the suspension problem fixed it was operator error. thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts