GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Getting ready to pull the trigger on 2018 DCT Tour. I wear a Shoei Neotec standard not the 2. Looking for advice on what Bluetooth device to use.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Sena 20S EVO or Sena 30K work well. Another thought is what do your riding friends have. Brands seem to pair better with the same brand.

·
Registered
19,228 Posts
Neotech2 SRL Sena user. Wife has a Shoei Neotec uses a Sena 20S EVO. Works great

·
Registered
942 Posts
Sena 10u is what I use for my Shoei j-cruise
Only 4 connections instead of 8 but built in and working great
Sena imho is best since it can connect to other brands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
963 Posts
Sena 20S EVO or Sena 30K work well. Another thought is what do your riding friends have. Brands seem to pair better with the same brand.
I am very satisfied with Sena 20S. No trouble with intercom or telephone. Never tried connecting with other riders.

Regarding the Sena 30, unless the problem has been resolved, Fred H reported Terrible trouble with intercom.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Pack Talk Bold wins by a mile. Much better sound especially if you get the new JBL set up.

I've had Sena and Cardo and personally prefer the Cardo Pack Talk.

Beagle

Reactions: JackFlack

·
Registered
942 Posts
Pack Talk Bold wins by a mile. Much better sound especially if you get the new JBL set up.

I've had Sena and Cardo and personally prefer the Cardo Pack Talk.

Beagle

Hadn’t tried cardio since early days and didn’t like it. Switched to sena years ago and have been pleased. Not adverse to trying them though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
We have the Sena 30K and they work fine with my tour DCT. The mesh is great if you have friends that use it. Only issue is the battery life is around 5 hrs. I carry a portable charger that I use during food stops to go longer..

·
Banned
435 Posts
I don’t use intercom so I just have a Cardo Freecom 1+ on my Schuberth C3 Lite. Haven’t had any problems and it sounds good.

I had a Sena 20S on my NeoTech, and it worked fine... although it’s rather bulky. I like how the Cardo is smaller.

·
Registered
406 Posts
With the Packtalk Bolds my wife and I can listen to music and GPS or at least I can hear the GPS too, not really sure about her. Anyway when we talk the music lowers until we get through talking then comes back up to volume automatically (without re-syncing).

I don't know if the Senas do that or which ones, however this is a nice feature.

I think the Sena 30 does this but the 20 doesn't. I'm sure someone can elaborate. Also there have been threads that the 30 suffers from some problems.

Not bashing, just what I have read and used to make my decision.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
All those bluetooth unit will work just fine....the difference is in the features. The Cardo is waterproof, has voice commands on the Bold and the Freecom 4+, 40mm JBL speakers standard with the option to upgrade to 45mm JBL's on some models. The Sena is water-resistant, no voice command capability and only has the standard speaker option. Where I work, everybody uses the Cardo units as their customer service (at least to the retailers) is better than Sena. If it was my dollars I'd go with a Packtalk Bold or a Freecom 4+ (just for the voice command feature alone). If you must have a Sena, the 20S seems to have less problems than the 30K.

·
Registered
376 Posts
With the Packtalk Bolds my wife and I can listen to music and GPS or at least I can hear the GPS too, not really sure about her. Anyway when we talk the music lowers until we get through talking then comes back up to volume automatically (without re-syncing).
This is the best feature. We ride with the intercom always on so we can chat. It is nice to have the music come and go without having to choose one or the other or manually initiate the intercom if we want to talk. Unlike my Senna, this just works the way that I think a headset should.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts