GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
figure I've got enough grey for the both of us so I'm spending my money trying to get rid of all the grey on the wing ...
:)
still have a bit more to go

so far:

Dennis

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
wingwing
I am getting ready to paint my 06 red just like that. Thanks for the pic its looks great.

PS And fred i will go along with you on your choice of dogs but not blacking out the chrome.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock: :yes:

Fred,
Nice one, I was gonna give my usual "chromed up CBC" staement but ya beat me to it. :wink:

The bike looks so much better than the stock color configuration but like Fred said "Chrome Kills". :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fred H. said:
Now if you could just black out some of that chrome, it would look really sweet.
Fred,
for you:
hummm... so who did you get to black powder coat your new chrome Kuryakyn fork brace?

actually, my first choice for the bike was black
... but they quit making it for 2007 so I'm doing the best I can with my bowl of cherries.

for me:
but then I'd have to change her name from
"CC" (Chrome Cherry)
to
"BC" (Black Cherry)
... historically (for me anyway) women don't like it when you change their "pet" name and start calling them something else
:p
(I know I know it's Chardonnay, not Cherry
... but it looks like Cherry to me)

"theme" (if it can be called that) is
grey plastic stuff get red.
frame, engine and pedal stuff get chrome.
except for timing cover; I'm looking for black for that
... that would follow the black above the cowl.

Not a lot of lights
already put on and took off LED trunk and saddle bag lights
Is there an "anti-lighter" group or could I be the first in that camp?
:shock:
"wingwing AntiLighter #1"

Also, "anti-free-advertising"
... I think for a $25K bike those little plastic "GoldWing" and "Honda" logos look cheesy
they're coming off too (actually already all off since the picture)
If someone does not KNOW it's a Goldwing, they shouldn't be able impress their friends by reading the label on the side.
:twisted:

I've mixed feelings about the bags.
saddle bags have chrome strip, trunk does not
may take the saddle bag chrome off
... not sure yet
... but the "line" goes well with the exhaust pipe line.

Dennis and "CC"
(I'll do the next one in all black)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Being a LIMNCS member, I like the way you're dressing up your bike. Tasteful, not gaudy. Replacing grey with chrome looks good. If you start adding chrome to the shed....I'll have to change my opinion. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lucky Phil said:
Being a LIMNCS member, I like the way you're dressing up your bike. Tasteful, not gaudy. Replacing grey with chrome looks good. If you start adding chrome to the shed....I'll have to change my opinion. :lol:
I'd have to get much sicker than I already am to start chroming out the shed

Dennis

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
WingWing,
I like your goal to get rid of the grey, at least on the motorcycle. The painted parts are one way to go, but.........

I'm so damn happy with mine I can't hardly stand it. I hope you like yours as much.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CJS said:
I'm so damn happy with mine I can't hardly stand it. I hope you like yours as much.
I like what you've done and yes,
the bike has been an amazing source of pleasure
... both riding and "tweaking" for my personal taste.

I've done all my own work and hope to avoid a trip to the dealer for as long as possible; "never" would be about soon enough for me.

I've broken a few plastic pieces while learning (already replaced with new) but still figure I'm money ahead and I sure know A LOT more about the bike than I would have otherwise.

On your bike, are those "Baker" air deflectors below the mirrors?
if yes, how do you like them?
if no, what are they?

Dennis

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
wingwing said:
On your bike, are those "Baker" air deflectors below the mirrors?
if yes, how do you like them?
if no, what are they?
Dennis
Yes, those are the Baker air deflectors. I like them very well. But I have only had the Bakers, so I can't do a direct comparison. I do like the fact that sometimes I can position them to deflect the air out when it is cold, and ohter times, when it is hot, I can position them to deflect the air into the cockpit an on to me. They also help to reduce the buffetting on the passenger when set to deflect the air out and away.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
CJ, Big Red is looking glorious!

I'm wondering how much it would kill the wallet for me to have all chrome turned to Gold ?? The biggest trick would be finding a way to get the chrome back coating off of the plastic pieces and replace it with a genuine Gold chrome.

Bradford

1 - 16 of 16 Posts