GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the "big sale" has finally knocked me off the fence post I've been sitting on for a couple of years. (Thanks, Max!)
Getting set up to be "Traxxionized" in a couple of weeks.
I've already talked to the installer, and he's getting parts together. One thing I am not familiar with is the adjustable fork caps. How is a person supposed to adjust them? I can't even see mine, they are buried under a plastic cover.
I'd like to know just how these work, because the installer hasn't even seen these yet either!
The wife and I are not heavy people by any stretch of the imagination, so I hope the ride doesn't become so "firm" it borders on HARD!
Also would like to know how many other people are taking advantage of the discounted prices, and getting the "full Monty" treatment?

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
The fork cover is removed so it's easy to get at them and adjust.

Heavier spring doesn't mean harsher ride. It means you won't bottom out.

You can't have luxury ride and performace in corners at the same time, but your suspension mods will give you the best compromise. Enjoy.

V

·
0 Posts
Mine is heading to Dan at Motovation Saturday. Was going to change just the front springs and add a brace but decided to just bite the bullet and get the full treatment.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What Sale:

Orange Crate enlighten me (What Sale) are you talking about?

Thanks
Blue02

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Those adjustable fork caps adjust for the REBOUND only, not for the firmness of the ride. Its one of those things you will add, and never look at again.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Those adjustable fork caps adjust for the REBOUND only, not for the firmness of the ride. Its one of those things you will add, and never look at again.
The new fork caps if requested have compression on one fork and rebound in the other and spring preload in both. these are only fine adjusts , and requires a few updated parts in each AK-20 that are not standard.these fork caps are something new to the wing set up in the last month or so. my traxxion set is just about to leave there shop and ride the brown truck back to Mass.:yes1:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am scheduled for April 23rd. Driving from Ft lauderdale to the Traxxion shop in Georgia for the full monty plus brake pads.

It is a chunk 'o cash and with only 200 miles on my new '09 ABS, I didnt think I would need it. I likely don't need it, but want it because I want to push the Wing as far as I can regarding comfort, performance, safety and appearance.

From Traxxion I drive north to Tenn to pick up my new Bushtec GT Quantum trailer.

Boys and their toys.

Ride safe

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
I am still on the fence. I may re-upgrade my springs and I could surely use a newer OE right side fork cartridge if one of you guys with low mile bike can part with your "old" one -- Max will just toss it in the rubbish anyway.

prs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts