Registered
792 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True but not while moving

You can already turn the traction control off in the vehicle settings
I would like the ability to turn off the traction control on the fly to enable fast off road / slick road.

I have dumped while riding on a big adventure bike (Super Tenere) when I hit some sand and the traction control shut off power and the front tire then dug in ...

Also could be fun to do a wheelie or burn out on the DCT .... LOL

A simple handle bar switch to turn it on and off while underway could be useful

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Well, funny you should ask. I was airing up the tires couple of weeks ago in prepartion for Glock Jock 2019, and I mentioned to my wife that I had been lying on the ground. She asked why, and I tried to explain the mechanics of getting to the rear tire valve (we were driving someplace at the time). She thought it'd be a REALLY good idea for someone to invent a way to inflate the tires without having to get down there under the saddlebags... :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ive been very please with the Kury grips since my 650 vstar..then vstar 1300...vaquero 1700...Honda f6b...now goldwing tour dct
Thats alot of bike when I type it out...

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
My wife wants a Ring of Fire... Never had one on the 2003 - she says it's time....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Joe Flash look at Big Bike Parts. They have an extension hose you clamp on the valve that makes filling the tires a lot easier. Part number 5-803 for about 10 bucks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Add on's

I would like someone to put LED interior saddlebag lights in the saddlebags in the cutouts that are already there. What are they waiting for? yes, through in the bigger bags also!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not sure where to start at:

First redesign the bike rename it to the Goldwing Classic basically take a 2017 model and lets UPGRADE it.

Or Take the 2018 model and let's change it.

1. Let's get back to the 6.6 gal gas tank. (make it a 7) (let's compete with BMW and Kawsaki)
2. More bag space top and bottom.
3. Let's increase the size of the wind screen certainly not wide enough like the one on my 2014 (w/vent)
4. Please upgrade the sound system it's horrible for a brand new bike take notes from (Indian/Kawaski/HD).

5. Make a low model for those that are vertically challenged.

6. Make the storage compartment open the opposite direction.

7. Change the seating position to make it more comfortable compared to other touring bikes (which means make up your minds it either a touring bike or sport touring)
8. More lites the back of the bike to be better seen at night. I should not have to add lites (Brake/Running) to the back of the bike to be seen more lites the better you will be seen. (Red).

9. The option to purchase a model with or without floorboards again (which means make up your minds it either a touring bike or sport touring).

The older model Goldwings were fine just need the technology to catch up with the rest of the big touring bikes. Better GPS that more in line of site without looking down would be better. However just get a bigger screen. Touch screen like (Indian/Harley) would be nice. More information to show on the screen also tire pressure so that you know even before riding what the pressure say's. When GPS is showing let it show or allow to show what's up ahead ie gas stations, hotels, eating places. Don't really care about bluetooth unless I can go bike to bike and the Goldwing will sync with Sena, or any other device instead of having to pay for the CB.

This is just my ideals.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts