GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My 2005 GL 1800 is in need of a battery.I would like to know which brand name is the best battery to buy regarding CCA and warranty for overall performance?

Best regards

Joe

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Joe

I prefer the Deka ETX20L Premium PowerSports AGM. They come ready to install (no filling/charging required) and have a one year replacement warranty.

Don't get caught up in the CCA numbers. Example: Deka supplies the batteries to Harley-Davidson. By contract, Deka can't offer a replacement size battery at or above the CCA for the unit supplied to Harley. This protects the Dealer sales as Harley says minimum of 300CCA for their bikes (using a Softail as example.) The ETX20L has a label showing a rating of 270CCA, but all we have tested and supplied have been in excess of 400CCA.

The Yuasa is a good battery also....either will serve you well.

·
Registered
20,952 Posts
I ditto that. The OEM Yuasa is an excellent battery, and DirectLineParts is the place to get one. Order a couple of other items (oil, filters, etc) to get your order over $100, and shipping is free.

Ride safe.
free shipping starts at $199 not $100

·
Registered
195 Posts
Battery is noted as "free shipping" - does not appear you neet to hit the free shipping dollar amount.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Battery is noted as "free shipping" - does not appear you neet to hit the free shipping dollar amount.
Shipping is free on all orders, but there is a $5.00 charge on orders under $200. Which is cheaper than actual shipping charges would be. (I think it used to be $100)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The handling charge of $7.50 and free shipping is one heck of a good deal, especially on some of the larger, heavier items.

For comparison, I just ordered ten ferrite cable cores (Steward #28A2025-0A0) from Digi-Key; the price for the parts was almost $11.00, and the shipping was also ~$11.00. For the money spent, the intended result will be worthwhile, but a small handling charge at DLP for orders under $200.00 is a great deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts