GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 radio unit lost audio output. The am/fm radio also serves as audio output for the CB radio.Since audio output is inoperative,I have lost,cannot hear,am,fm,weather band or cb transmissions. We followed the troubleshooting guide in the service manual, and all points out to a defective radio unit.
I called Sierra Electronics,but they don't have the schematics for the unit and cannot attempt a repair. Anyone knows of a radio shop that could actually fix this radio? Thank you.

·
Registered
9,113 Posts
Just replace the unit. It would be cheaper than having your old one fixed. You can find them on eBay! for about $100.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2002 radio unit lost audio output. The am/fm radio also serves as audio output for the CB radio.Since audio output is inoperative,I have lost,cannot hear,am,fm,weather band or cb transmissions. We followed the troubleshooting guide in the service manual, and all points out to a defective radio unit.
I called Sierra Electronics,but they don't have the schematics for the unit and cannot attempt a repair. Anyone knows of a radio shop that could actually fix this radio? Thank you.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Replace it, like Bartman said, you can get them on e-bay, the ones I see are about $125.00,

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Make sure that the part# matches. Some have bought EURO spec units and found that the FM tuner won't work.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Look on Ebay, A seller has new units for $125. He's been selling them for a while now. I wanted to replace mine to get rid of the micphonics, but he didn't know if it would fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
radio

PM sent

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
we (our group) has bought 3 from ebay seller bronco buddy I think. Mine lost intercom, another had cb error off and on for a year. He replaced cb,switches,grip cluster,antennae, and finally bought a new head unit from this guy and it fixed his error. Another rider just bought one to have extra at this price. Make sure you get the correct radio,(US Model).They have all worked flawlessly. He says they are new but I think they are refurbished? I mean how can he have this many and sell them for this. Check Mother Honda's price and you will see a huge price difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts