GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to reprogram an original Honda remote from my '03 wing that went to salvage to my new 04. I've seen the instructions posted before but can't find them. Thanks.

·
Chard Member
13,223 Posts
Keyless Transmitter Programming GL1800

1. Turn the ignition switch on - between one and four seconds and press the trunk "Pop-Up" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off. Note: keep the timing between one and four seconds, too fast or too slow will cause the control unit to lose the stored codes.

2. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

3. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

4. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk " Pop-Up " button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Leave the ignition switch on.

5. Within 15 seconds, aim the transmitter (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the trunk and press the " Pop-Up " button once on each transmitter.

6. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

7. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s).

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.... I hate to ask what may viewed as a stupid question, but... which is being reprogrammed, the bike or the remote during this process?

G

·
Toisich said:
Thanks.... I hate to ask what may viewed as a stupid question, but... which is being reprogrammed, the bike or the remote during this process?
you are programming the receiver on the bike to accept the transmissions from your remotes

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting... I didn't know the bike would accept signals from more than one remote. Thought everything had to be on the same signal codes.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nigel... not to change the subject, but I immediately noticed the name as I too descend from the Clan Chattan... 'touch not the cat bot a glove'

G

·
Toisich said:
Interesting... I didn't know the bike would accept signals from more than one remote. Thought everything had to be on the same signal codes.
up to 3 remotes I think...just like a car or garage door opener....everyone has different codes

·
Registered
366 Posts
Toisich said:
Nigel... not to change the subject, but I immediately noticed the name as I too descend from the Clan Chattan... 'touch not the cat bot a glove'
I can see that now from your unusual name, and recalling that Mackintosh comes from "Mac an Toisch" - or more accurately in Gaelic: "Mac an Toisich". As you no doubt know, this means "Son of the Thane or Chief" - so you must be the Chief!

Hi Dad!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts