GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody lead me to a wiring diagram or can anybody tell me where I can pick up the wiring for both front turn signals?

I am able to pull out the left hand glove box, but I don't know what color coding I'm looking for.

I am adding amber Photon Blasters to the front fender.

·
Vendor
17,379 Posts
You can pickup the turnsignal wiring behind the rubbers to the mirrors.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Honda has used these colors for turn signals and running lights in all their models since the early 70's.

Solid orange left signal
Orange with trace left running
Solid blue right signal
Blue with trace right running

I wired my lighted caliper lights to be running and signals using diodes. Honda turns off the running light when it turns on the signal for more contrast which is why this circuit works.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honda has used these colors for turn signals and running lights in all their models since the early 70's.

Solid orange left signal
Orange with trace left running
Solid blue right signal
Blue with trace right running
Thanks, now a little more please. What does "Orange w/ a trace" and "Blue w/a trace" mean? I think I have identified green with silver dashes as the ground.

Excuse my ignorance. This Wing stuff is ne to me and nothing like my former Beemers.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a set of unused Photon Blasters sitting around.. I was thinking of mounting them to my Goldwing.. but I"m not sure where to mount them.

When you get done mounting yours, would you please post a few pics? :thumbup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a set of unused Photon Blasters sitting around.. I was thinking of mounting them to my Goldwing.. but I"m not sure where to mount them.

When you get done mounting yours, would you please post a few pics? :thumbup:
Tomorrow— as soon as I find the right wires.

It took me most of today to wire and mount the red LED flickering P3 lights on the rear. I spent the extra time to include the LED Honda trunk spoiler light in the mix.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,199 Posts
Can anybody lead me to a wiring diagram or can anybody tell me where I can pick up the wiring for both front turn signals?

I am able to pull out the left hand glove box, but I don't know what color coding I'm looking for.

I am adding amber Photon Blasters to the front fender.
What year is your bike? it matters.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,199 Posts
Well, I can't give you a definite answer, because the 2012 schematics aren't available yet as well as the service manual. I think they're due out soon. The orange and light blue wires were the ones used thru 2010. They were in a connector under the shelter on the right side before they go to the mirror assemblies.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!

Hollow,

Don't try to pick up the hot for the Skenes from the turn signal wiring. The running light wire (which you might think would be hot all the time) flicks off when the turn signal flashes.. BT,DT... You can get the ground and the turn signal activation wire there, just not the switched hot.
Either pick hot up from the accessory wire in the left pocket (I assume it's still there..) or off another switched hot, maybe headligh. You can use the posi-taps to check a wire. They don't damage the wire apprecialby when you take them off. You mught want to put a little fingernail polish on any wire you check but don't use to seal it from weather.

If you have a Traxxion fork brace, they mount very nicely with a spacer off the front side bolts. You may need to use a longer bolt. Otherwise, a fender mount, probably the top front bolt is a good choice. If you have fogs, or will get fogs, use the top, if not, you could use the lower.

=Dave=gwbba #9
rocketmoto.com

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Dave, I planned to pick up the switched hot from the accessory, but what the heck is a Traxxion Brace?

I have the LEDs attached to the upper fender spot with the longer bolts that Skene supplied.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
It's a fork brace. They go on the forks right over the front fender, and help keep them form twisting, which improves low speed handling, and helps handling overall.
I was going to post a link from the Traxxion site, but they seem to have disabled most of what they had earlier. So here's a pic, you can get shields for them too.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
With a trace is a wire with another colored thin trace along the entire length. Pay no attention to the splotches which (I believe) are length markers.

Picture shown Orange with white trace
Picture shown Blue with white trace

I neglected to mention the trace color but I did have graphics! :thumbup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I found 'em!

I messed around behind the rubber boots on the turn signal/ mirrors and found the right color coded wires for each. But, neatly running a wire lead from the right hand mirror over to the left glove box cavity proves to be a real b_tch of a job. So I hunted around under the seat, and sure enough there is a large, sorta flat, grey plastic connector that has my wires. I tested them with the signals on, and they are good. Now, it's a lot easier to run some wires up to that left side glove box cavity by staying behind the plastic body work with some flex conduit. That way, I can keep my little Skene control box under the seat too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts