GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I my expecting to have my new 2012 air bag model Wing here in the UK sometime in August and was wondering if anyone has installed the GL2 in a 2012 model?

I want to use the bike talking both on CB (technically illegal on AM ) in UK and also use GL2WAY for my bike to bike Ken-wood PMR Radio.

Are the GL2 systems good the advantages i seem to feel are

1. uses one Arial for both CB and PMR

2. uses one interface for both CB and PMR

3. Display's info on Wings dash in both cases?

4. Costs less than the new OEM CB

Please let me have your thoughts and also if anyone has pictures of a GL2 installed on the new 2012 Wing that would be brill........

Thanks

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Are CB's really illegal in the UK? :shrug:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry not available for the 2012 yet
Hi Pete
we spoke on the phone about 7 weeks ago i rang and asked you re GL2 for my new 2012 wing when it arrives late August.I thought you said if I ring you to make sure of the right lead and connection for using a kenwood pmr and CB it would all be good on the 2012?

Must have got wires crossed (pardon the pun) so what is the eta of the GL2 for 2012?

what is the difference ? i see the OEM CB just has a shorter lead as it fits direct to the plug in under the boot where it was up front on earlier models.

I was going to give you a call at 4-5PM UK time to have a chat anyway,
so hopefully we will speak later.

cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts