GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

I have added Ring of Fire or similar lighting

• Yes, I have accent lighting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I do not have accent lighting, but would like it

• No, I would never have accent lighting

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious how many on the board have added accent lighting, such as the Ring of Fire to your GL1800.

·
Registered
21 Posts
accent lighting

I have the Show Chrome trunk and saddle bag led's and they look great, I haven't added the ROF's yet, had them on my 1500 and they were a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I have seen some Wings that are all decked out and look pretty nice. I have seen others, and they look Gaudy as heck.

Pimping out the bike is a matter of taste. My taste in chrome accents for the Wing, run mild. My taste for women, runs wild...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I added lighted trim to the lower bags on the sides. Also added the stealth lights above the valve covers of the engine. LED mirror turn indicator lites too!

I wanted some side lights on the bike after one night i noticed there was little lighting on the sides of it.

Lots of folks say the LED ring of fire are much better quality & function over the early bulb type units. I have never used the ROF on a wing

·
Registered
788 Posts
I've got:

Amber Ring of Fire (only run on special occassions).
Stealth Lights (Kuryakin).
Mirror Turn Signal Lights (Kuryakin).
Saddlebag and Trunk Lights (Kuryakin).
Front and Rear Reflector Replacement Lights (EC).
Fog Lights with Amber Lenses (can really see them).
Knight Rider Lights.
Headlight Modulator.
Spoiler Light.

I can be seen at any angle from any distance. If I were on the Moon, you could spot me. Garrish? Maybe. Easily seen? Definitely.

·
Registered
188 Posts
with just getting my 1800 in the early winter i have not had time but i do plan on a ring of fire ( must be because i'm a fireman right lol) and then the trunk and saddle bag lights as soon as my wife cut's me a P.O. maybe during americade i can whine enough lol

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Last time I had the bike in the shop and the tech was putting it on the lift, the shop manager said it looked like a UFO... :lol:

·
Registered
788 Posts
UFO - Unequivocally Fun Object - right?

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i would like to add some type of under bike lighting.

my wife likes the cars from the fast and the furious, and says that neon type lights creating an under glow would be great.

any suggestions

loren

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
My son will tell you that I said "none of those lights for me, they are too much headacehe" Well I now have the ring of fire, Stealth lite above the valve covers, mirror directional lites, rear trunk and rear saddle bag lites. I will probably replace the reflectors with lites also.

The only one I have on a switch is the ROF. The ROF was my wifes idea. She saw them on my buddies bike and said we will have them..... :)

I feel the ROF is decoration and the rest are safety. They do more for safety than the "Safety CHrome" :)

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
My son will tell you that I said "none of those lights for me, they are too much headacehe" Well I now have the ring of fire, Stealth lite above the valve covers, mirror directional lites, rear trunk and rear saddle bag lites. I will probably replace the reflectors with lites also.

The only one I have on a switch is the ROF. The ROF was my wifes idea. She saw them on my buddies bike and said we will have them..... :)

I feel the ROF is decoration and the rest are safety. They do more for safety than the "Safety CHrome" :)

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
As far as underneath lites, My buddy went to a big truck stop and found led light sticks and stuck them underneath his. They come in various lengthes and colors. They look good and show up great at nite. He has several lites stuck in almost every crack and crevice on his. They do not look gaudy and he did a super job of hiding all of the wires.

I will try to post this one only one time. :oops:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Javern said:
no my lighting is made in USA and don't have an accent
:D
Javern, I went with a woman from MS for a while, and once I told her that I liked her accent. She replied..."What accent?" :lol:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
We should be showing off a new lighting concept at the Dealers Show at Indy that is unlike anything currently on the market. Easily expandable and unbelievable in it's operation. I'll leak more more when the time is appropriate.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Lewis, you sure know how to tease....

·
Registered
276 Posts
i would like to add some type of under bike lighting.

my wife likes the cars from the fast and the furious, and says that neon type lights creating an under glow would be great.

any suggestions
Hi Loren,

I'm partial to the LED types of lighting, my brother and I have done a couple of different wings. We've done a blue with Blue LEDS, an 02 Orange, and also an 03 Red with mixed Red and Blue LEDS.

Sorry about the focus on the red bike, that was before I got a tripod...

Incidentally the second and third were taken in a darkend garage, so the light you see is all from the bikes, the blue one was at a mall show recently here in Fort Worth.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts