GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am looking up parts for my bike and can't seem to find the exact model I have.
What I found is this.
The BD is a Goldwing (no trunk) USA bike only.
The DA is a Tour Airbag model.
The BD/D/DA are all dual clutch models.

I have the 2018 Tour DCT, what model would I have? I am guessing a D.
So what are the 2AC and AC models designate?

·
Registered
8,738 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have also found the nomenclature to be far less than intuitive. It almost seems deliberately designed to be rather confusing. haha

My Google attempts to make clear heads or tails of it mostly resulted in pointless links.

Let's see... for 2018, we have 3 models, DCT or non-DCT, and 6 color choices.

So...

GL1800 R/Br/S

GL1800T R/Bl/W

GL1800AB RBk

Add a D to the GL1800 as necessary for parts specific to a DCT model. Seeing a list laid out like this I'd have no problem figuring out which model, and what color, I was ordering.

Seems pretty simple, but hey... what do I know. lol

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Now for the alphabet soup on the color code. Saddle bag lid is ZD while the front fender is ZB for Ardent Red!

Oh yea, then there is Type 1 and Type 2!

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Now I know my ABC's things that make you go hhhhmmm

·
Registered
99 Posts
2AC is for blue. AC is for white and red. Not sure why they combined just those two, very confusing. If you take a look at the mirror housing parts, you'll see:

2AC
---------
COVER, L. MIRROR (TYPE6)
88145-MKC-A00ZF

AC
---------
COVER, L. MIRROR (TYPE2)
88145-MKC-A00ZD

8COVER, L. MIRROR (TYPE1)
88145-MKC-A00ZE

It looks like type 6 is blue, but have no idea if type 1 is red or white. The Z* codes are not consistent from part to part so they don't mean anything.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you take a look at the mirror housing parts...
Funny you choose that, because that's what I was looking for when I was trying to figure out what all the numbers/letters mean.

I was looking for the black mirror housings for my white Tour, and there was just literally no way to figure out what part I should be ordering in regards to color.

Finally had to call my dealership and say, "I just want to order the friggin' black mirror housings, what's the part number??" haha

Turned out to be 88145-MKC-A00ZA...

·
Registered
612 Posts
The unpainted black plastic parts I believe are standard across all color wings including the airbag model.

This then means you can find the part number off any of these IPB’s.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The unpainted black plastic parts I believe are standard across all color wings including the airbag model.
Yeah, those parts are all the same.

Sorry, I should've been more clear. I meant the actual black-painted mirror housings from the new 2019 black model. On Hondapartshouse using the exploded views I wasn't even able to figure out which model was white, let alone the new black.

A lot of Type 1 and Type 2 and one-letter changes between part numbers... but nothing to indicate what friggin' color anything was. lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Funny you choose that, because that's what I was looking for when I was trying to figure out what all the numbers/letters mean.

I was looking for the black mirror housings for my white Tour, and there was just literally no way to figure out what part I should be ordering in regards to color.

Finally had to call my dealership and say, "I just want to order the friggin' black mirror housings, what's the part number??" haha

Turned out to be 88145-MKC-A00ZA...
Oh ok, your links were all pointing to the 2018 model parts. Looking at the 2019 parts, I see:

COVER, R. MIRROR (TYPE5)
88135-MKC-A00ZA

COVER, R. MIRROR (TYPE1)
88135-MKC-A00ZE

So that means TYPE1 is red, TYPE2 is white, TYPE5 is black and TYPE6 is blue. Clear as mud!

And it looks like TYPE4 is silver and TYPE3 is brown for the bagger models.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts