GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone travel with a smaller size guitar on their goldwing at highway speeds in the passenger seat? Is it dangerous ? I’m worried about it being kind of a sail.

The guitar I’m thinking of is about a head taller than my torso from the waist to head, so it would be a head taler than the average man from the back seat up.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'm thinking that if it were bungeed down correctly then it shouldn't be dangerous to you, but it would probably be dangerous to the guitar.:laugh:

·
Registered
174 Posts
A friend does it with the neck standing straight up and bungees keeping it in place. It is in a soft case so the bugs don't get stuck in it. I don't know if he does anything like loosening the strings, etc.

Reactions: rayjoe

·
Registered
466 Posts
Light colored Calton case bungied in place. Soft case won’t protect from humidity, either too dry or too humid. Light color will reflect more radiant heat away.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
goldwing

If it's a guitar you value, buy a cheaper one for the road. Hard shell case will offer more protection from the elements. If it's an acoustic, temperature changes will be slower with a hard shell. Get some kind of rain shell for it also.

I would stand it straight up and strap it to seat back. It will be fine.

I have a Gibson Blueridge that does not ride motorcycles. I have had it almost 50 years and would be real unhappy if I destroyed it in a crash.

Have fun!

Rayjoe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts