GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have taken the time to create saddlebag carpet templates for my 2002 GL1800 which I believe should fit all 2001-2010 models. I have these in an SVG file and have converted them into a PDF. I am willing to share this PDF to the community for free as long as I am not undercutting any other member's efforts. I see Ray has some posted for the newer wings and for a fee, so if someone can let me know I am not infringing on him or anyone else, I will gladly upload the PDF to this post for any who wish to create their own saddlebag carpets for the earlier GL1800's.

The PDF allows you to open the file in Adobe and under your print options set it to "poster" and print "large tiles". This will print the templates full size over 6 pages with each saddlebag template taking up 3 pages. You will then have to cut them out and overlap/tape them to have a fairly seamless template. They will print a 1/4" border so where they overlap, leave one 1/4" border to overlap the exactly cut next piece for alignment and taping. I have tried these and they work excellent.

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Many years ago I made cardboard templates for the saddlebags and trunk of my GL1500.

Then used room carpet to make carpets for the saddlebags and trunk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts