GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there fellow riders I have got a problem with my central locking I have replaced the battery in the remote fob but the central locking does not still work I have checked the main fuse and that is ok I have also checked the connection on the multi plug in the trunk and that is fine as well does anyone know how to recode the remote to the bike many thanks john

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Here is the fix for reprogramming the remote:

Notes: press the trunk pop-up button means to press this button and hold it until the little light on the transmitter comes on.

Keep the timing between one and four second, too fast or too slow will cause the control unit to lose the stored codes

Program Remote:

1. Turn the ignition switch on - between one and four seconds and press the trunk "Pop-up" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition qwitch off.

2. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk "Pop-up" button on the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

3. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk "Pop-up" button on the orginial transmitter while aiming the the transmitter at the trunk. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

4. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk "Pop-up" button on the orginial transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Leave the ignition switch on.

5. Within 15 seconds, aim the transmitter (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the trunk and press the "Pop-up" button once on each transmitter.

6. Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.

7. Confirm proper operation with the new code(s).

Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts