GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last winter I read an article about how to install the after market chrome timing wheel cover. Now I can't find the airticle.

I have an '01 GL1800 and am trying to find out where I can buy this cover. I can't find it listed in any ads or web sites. Any ideas?

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Chrome timing wheel cover

Have not heard of anyone makeing a chromeplated cover. The one that Pete referred to at VP is a chrome plated piece of flat plastic that attaches to the original cover with velcro.

I think Jimmie in FL had his original part chromed.

My lady hand polished hers. Not quite as great looking as chrome but it does look good.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I sure did. I got it and the valve covers done by Creasy's Honda in Tennesse. I don't think they are doing it any longer however. You might want to check with Schroaders I think I read that he has valve covers.

D

·
0 Posts
I am just going to chrome my front crankcase cover. I took it off the other day - nothing to it. It is powder coated aluminum. The shop has told me they can get the powder coat off and will polish it up real nice and chrome it. That way I don't have to bother with plastic covers, etc. I had my valve covers chromed and they look fabulous. I also had the "Honda 1800" chrome strip on the covers gold plated. The gold contrasts with the chrome covers looks great. Really perks up the look of the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts