GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know of a dealership that would likely have OE GL1800 Front Wheel bearings in Stock? I know that HDL can order and get them in a day or two but does anyone know of a dealer that would have these bearings in stock on Tues 12/26 morning?
Thanks in advance for your help
Mike

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
I replaced mine, I just went to a bearing store and bought 4 of them and put them in the wheel. Pretty cheap also. Less than ten bucks for the four bearings.

I think they are a 6007 or 6017, don't remember now.

JMHO 8)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
That may be one of the parts that's shared with many other bikes and universally stocked by most dealers (like fork seals).. Good luck!!
Did Santa bring you new chrome wheels??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No chrome wheels for Blue Thunder, just needed to change the bearings the right side outside bearing on the front wheel failed at 148K and was making a crunching sound :) I am looking also for a great tool to make the job of installing these bearings idiot proof. I say this cause I used a 30 mm craftsman socket on the first set of bearings and had a tendency to cruch the inside orange plastic bearing cover so I took them back out and will start again. My 30 mm socket really did not fit the outside of the bearing very well and I new this as I tried to bang them in with a hammer. I would think that a flat disc the exact circumference of the outside bearing would be a less risky install. :) If anyone knows of a tool that would be better than the spectial tools that Honda recommends in the Service manual then please send me a link to the products as I am ordering some new bearings this morning and want to do it right the second time around :) Thanks very much and Best Regardss,
Blue Thunder (2001 GL1800)
Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Eagle Eye.
for Removing the bearings:
I already have a Pit Posse kit that works great on different size diameter inner bearings.

For Installing the new bearings:
I was looking for a tool similar to the SPECIAL TOOL that Honda sells for Driving in the new bearings. There are kits available with different size flat discs for driving in bearings.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Let's ride to minimize our risk!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts