GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember back when your bought your first car/truck, and every weekend was spent washing and waxing it for Saturday night dates, and hoping you'd get lucky that night?

My dad always said I was going to wash the paint right off.

Well well how times have change.
I got two fairly new cages in my stall, mine and my wife's and I can't get ambition to clean/wash/wax either one.
But when it comes to cleaning my Goldwing, I spend hours trying to get the ultimate shine.
I even have separate cleaning pail, cleaners, waxes that are never used on the cages.

Now what's important at my house?

·
Registered
626 Posts
So are you getting lucky on Saturday night, with that clean bike??

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I know what you mean. If I ain't riding it, I'm doing maintnenance on it. And if I ain't doing maintenance on it, I'm wiping it down. It looks better than new at 4 years, and I'm planning on it looking great for another dozen or so years.

I'm also restoring a '79 CB750K LTD. If my wife wasn't next to me riding and working on her bike as well we probably wouldn't see much of each other. :wink:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yep, it's called CPS - Chronic Polishin Sickness, and I got it bad!! :lol:

Mine even Glows in the dark!!!

Here's an example of how sick I am - I even polish my final drive..... :roll:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Sounds normal to me...

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
joe_flash said:
Sounds normal to me...
:lol: :lol: Yeah, what he said.

Outside of some air fresheners, and some windows vent shields, I have
never really sunk any money into the aftermarket for any 4 tired vehicle
in my life either. I am always looking at what to buy next for my-our
motorcycles.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
So.......... what is the problem, sounds normal to me. I have not even bothered to wash the cage this summer :shock: , I would be surprised if we put 1000 miles on the cage this summer (I just went and looked, 657 miles since the May 13th). We don't use the cage much in the summer unless the weather is really nasty or we have to transport somthing that won't fit on the Wing or in the trailer. Last year we put 6500 miles on the Wing and >2500 on the cage. So far this year we have just hit 9000 miles (15500 total) and the cage is hardly used.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I cleaning mine all the time too or tweaking something......but I'm still on my honeymoon!!!! 8)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Don't have to clean it......if you go fast enough the dirt will just fly off!!!

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Sounds normal to me...
:wink:
Sounds like we should get our priorties in order :cry: ......come to think of it, they are.... :lol:

I cleaning mine all the time too or tweaking something......but I'm still on my honeymoon!!!!
Me, too.....and mine is an 01...... :capwin:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sick . . . Sick . . . Sick!!!

Everybody on here except steve s and lomax.

At least three of us are riders - not shiners.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My problem is... if it's a nice enough day to wash the wing, I'd rather be riding. Unless it's absolutely, embarassingly filthy, it gets washed by my riding in the rain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts