GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding on Sunday and noticed I lost my left handlebar damper. Does anyone have one or a set they don't want or need? My bike is a 2002. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
784 Posts
Some will turn up. Make sure to use lock tight on the screw when you put the new one on.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I was riding on Sunday and noticed I lost my left handlebar damper. Does anyone have one or a set they don't want or need? My bike is a 2002. Thanks Mike
I have a set I will sell ,pm sent

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, thanks for the reply. My bike is a 2002 Sunburst Orange also. I get a lot of compliments on the color. If I figure it out I will have to post a picture. I picked the bike up this winter in Cadillac, MI. Rail32 I might have a set coming I will let you know if I need them Thanks everyone. Mike

·
Registered
784 Posts
Two years ago when I was looking for an orange bike I only found two. One in Cadillac and one in Conway Arkansas. I got the one in Arkansas because of ABS.
I wonder if yours has ABS. It could be the same bike.
Anyway, when you tighten up the screws the part inside the bar will turn. I always worried that it wasn't tight. I took my 18v impact driver to it to be sure. Then I worried about it for a while.
This makes me want to check mine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike, mine does not have ABS and when I got it it had 50,000 miles and a 2006 Kompact Kamp trailer came with it. It probably is the one you checked out. His name is Dale.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't remember the name but I bet it's the same bike.
Small world!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is. My folks live out your way in Hampton, VA. You wouldn't know anyone with a CB for sale for a 2001 GL1800? A friend just bought it and we ride a lot together so he would like a CB. Mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ftartagl, thanks for the dampers.:lol::thumbup: This is another great board to belong to. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ironically my name is Mike and I have family in Michigan

·
Registered
784 Posts
State of Michigan. Hemlock which is just west of Saginaw

·
Registered
812 Posts
Mike how are you liking your '02 1800? Since we met in Yellowstone, I've "upgraded" to an '01 1800 and am enjoying it, but sure miss the 1500.

If you ever make it to west Ky, give me a heads up and I just might be talked into buying you a cup of coffee or tea (or a beer or two).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mike how are you liking your '02 1800? Since we met in Yellowstone, I've "upgraded" to an '01 1800 and am enjoying it, but sure miss the 1500.

If you ever make it to west Ky, give me a heads up and I just might be talked into buying you a cup of coffee or tea (or a beer or two).[/QU

Hi Dick, how are things going? I do like the power of the 1800 but the 1500 I think is more comfortable. I only have 500 miles on it so far so time will tell. I thought I left a post for you on GWRRA after I seen you bought a 1800 but maybe it didn't go through. Are you going to Wing Ding? If you are remember it is Mine or Toms turn to buy lunch. Tom upgraded his 1500 to a 1800 a couple weeks ago also. Well take care and good to talking to you. Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts