GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm pretty sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is the H7 bulb.

·
Chard Member
12,961 Posts
They have them. I don't know the exact part number of what they might have, but you need a H-7 55watt. Will cost you about $14 each. Might want to replace as a pair.

Lewis has the bulbs at Electircal Connection for about $8 each.

·
Registered
846 Posts
H7 is the bulb. Pepboys and Autozone carry them. I even picked up a spare official Honda bulb from my dealer for less than $10.00. I think it cost even more at the auto stores, but I could be wrong. And even Walmart may carry them.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
It's an H7. O'Rielly's has them for something like $7.99 each.

·
Registered
846 Posts
MotorcycleBoy said:
It's an H7. O'Rielly's has them for something like $7.99 each.
Damn, I got snookered! :) But then again, I've had that same spare official Honda H7 bulb sitting in the saddlebag for about 2 years now. No doubt I'll need it on the trip to Nova Scotia this summer. I've heard the roads are beat up in that area. Then again, most New England roads, other than the Interstate Highways, leave a lot to be desired. Also what's an O'Riellys? Like a Pepboys or Autozone?

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Uncle Harry said:
Headlight bulbs are covered under your warranty.
After losing both low beams after only 16,000 miles (and losing both in a period of just 200 miles)... I don't want any more Honda H7 bulbs on my bike.

The first one I lost, it was "Oh, darn". :roll: The second one, it was "DAMMIT". :mad1:

The dealer can keep his short life Honda bulbs for someone else.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Wingman26 said:
Also what's an O'Riellys? Like a Pepboys or Autozone?
Yep, same thing, the company is owned by one of Sam Walton's kids.
Interesting!!!! I did not know that. I wander why WalMart sells the bulb for $14 and O'Rielly's has it for $8.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Easy in Memphis said:
Can you get a headlamp bulb at Autozone for 1800 if so anyone know part number.

Thanks,
WHY IN THE HELL SPEND MONEY???LET HONDA REPLACE THEM FOR FREE.
THE TURKEYS HERE IN DAYTONA MADE ME "BUY" THE FIRST TWO.
FOUND OUT IN LEESBURG THEY ARE REPLACED UNDER WARENTEE.
HAVE A BLAST FOR THE FIRST 3 YEARS OF COVERAGE.
GO GET THEM REPLACED!!!!!!
1RACER
:sw1:

·
Chard Member
12,961 Posts
Dick...Honda Customer Service stated to me that the bulbs are not a warranty item! If dealers are doing it, maybe they are eating the cost for their customers.

It might be one of those items that isn't covered one day but it is the next! LOL....

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
DICK said:
WHY IN THE HELL SPEND MONEY???

Maybe because the H7 bulbs that Honda uses suck?
Plus, it is a lot less time and hassle for me to replace them myself...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sidebar

MotorcycleBoy,

I just couldn't let your reference to Nova Scota roads go unanswered.

The roads in NS, make any roads, including some that are unpaved, in the US seem like super highways. The last actual paving must have occured eons ago. Since then they have patched, repatched and then the gypsies that talk oldsters out of their money in the US, must do the final patch. We all wrote letters to the Tourist Board to complain and indicate that they will loose MC tourist income if they don't provide decent roads.

We were airborne half the time when we visited in 2002, due to the bumps and dodging the large pavement splits. Don't get me wrong....we enjoyed our trip and the scenery, but all the roads we were on, except for Cape Bretton Island, were the pits (pun intended). Three of us out of five, traded in our then current ride for new 1800's upon our return. We rode hard and fast while we were there, but it took a toll on the scooters.

It is clear that the government healthcare plan is sucking up all the tax money. You won't believe me until you see it yourself. :?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Yes, the old headlight bulb replacement problem. It is covered by warranty. No it is not. Well me dealer changed 10 of mine for free. Well my dealer would not change mine after only 3 years of ownership!

Tell you the truth, I don't know if they are under warranty or not. What I do know, is that the three dealers that I asked here in NY and PA, looked at me, gave a slight chuckle and said" what are you kidding"?

I would be believe, that common sense would tell me that these are wear items and not covered by warranty.If they are not wear items, then neither are spark plugs, oil, filters, tires, brake fluid or anti freeze.

I further believe, that if a dealer does change a bulb free of charge, then he is doing it as a Goodwill measure. That is not to say, if you have a malfunction with your lighting or electrical system, that causes the bulbs to blow, then sure they would be warrantied.

And yes Grasshopper, there is a difference in quality from one manufacturer to another. I buy my bulbs from Lewis, I keep a spare in the bike and a few spares in the garage inventory. These bulbs are hardy and take a lot of abuse.
http://www.electricalconnection.com/garage_sale.htm

Please don't anyone challenge me on this post. This is my experience and how I feel about this subject. Nobody can change my past experience, so why try? However I respect everyone else's opinion as well.

Bulldog

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dim Bulb

Bulldog,
Not only do you have excellent logic, but your post seems to be in line with the wording of the Honda Protection Plan:

"....same as your New Vehicle Warranty." and "replacement of expendable maintenance items, including, but not limited to:" Then they list spark plugs, coolant, filters, etc., but do not list bulbs, except for the not limited part.

I always carried a spare in previous bikes, but haven't so far with the 1800. I think I better buy one. :idea:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts