GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Kury Offsets with the boards (was supposed to be Dually II's. The only problem is that I can't get a comfortable riding position. I'm 6' tall and I would like to be able to streatch my legs out.

What are your recommendations for highway pegs that will allow me to extend my legs. I've had Meniscus surgery on both knees and need to be able to move them around.

Thanks,

Matt Caswell

·
Registered
270 Posts
matt,

I'm 6'3" and have a 34" inseam. I just returned from a 16,000 mile cross country and Alaskan adventure. I rode with the Mick-o-Pegs and could not have been more comfortable.

You can move your feet and legs to several different positions.
Call Jim Mick and he will work with you on what you need. Best of all, If you don't like them he will take them back for 90 days. HE'S REALLY A NICE GUY AND LIKES TO HEAR FROM RIDERS LIKE HIMSELF.

I showed them to my brother and he put a set on his wing and he loves his. He's right at 6' with a 30" inseam.

I got the KA model and my brother got the new model that mounts on the vertical bar.

I tried the Kurys' and didn't like them either.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Here's one more vote for Mick-o-Pegs. When I want to stretch my leg out I just lay my heel on the peg and let it hang in the breeze. Makes those 6 and 700 mile days bearable.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had the same problem with the Kury's. So I got a set of Mick-O-Pegs a couple of years ago and they are great! It seemed that the Kurys had me sitting too far on my back bone, and my legs were too far apart. With the MOP's I have my feet positioned forward and down. I won't ever ride without them.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I put the Ergo II's on my wing and after a few adjustments they are FANTASTIC. It does take a few adjustments though. WHere you originally set them will probably not be correct so you'll need to do it again. It is really easy to do though. The thig I like is that I can put my feet in lots of positions when riding. I can lay my heel on the tops, toes along the bottoms or really spread out with my feet on the sides.

Good luck whith whatever you choose.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ddking said:
Mick O Pegs. Make sure you call Jim Mick. He's the best. Take the link in my signature for a review and pictures. His web site:

http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/ridingiswonderfulinc/
Thanks to everyone for the input. I'll visit the Mick O Pegs web site and see. I just gotta be able to extend my legs to flex the knee joints.

matt

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
After reading alot of the posts here, I first went with the Mick O Pegs, Model D and was quite pleased with the results. Looking at some other bikes here, I decided to add the Kury 4050 model http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =956484981
As they are easy and need no modification to put onto the vertical bars. I mounted mine high, and it was good to have 2 sets for different positions over extended days of riding.
I too, am 6' and (225 Lbs tho) so, we're close in height stature.

My thanks go out to all those who helped with their comments on pegs.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Here we go again with another "I don't know what to do with my legs and my inseem is this and that" story. Guys, really, it's not that hard to figure out, and if you would like, I have a few really cool suggestions. Will allow for a significant amount of wealth to be redistributed to the "bling" factor. How much is shoes going for these days?

OK, ok, I promise to leave these alone in the future, but I just had to once. Oh, and before anyone takes me too serioulsy, please look closely at the pitcure. Just in case.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
No doubt about it Wheels. You got a leg up on us when it comes to this topic. :clap2: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Wheels said:
OK, ok, I promise to leave these alone in the future, but I just had to once. Oh, and before anyone takes me too serioulsy, please look closely at the pitcure. Just in case.
Got to put your foot down sometime.....eh Wheels?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Whatever you get make sure that they DO NOT reduce bank angel in ANY WAY.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
When the Mick O's snap up into their home position you will scrape your pegs or floorboards before you get anywhere near the Mick O's. I did it yesterday.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just ordered a set of KD's because I prefer the leg open position as opposed to hugging the tank. Got an email from Jim already telling me that "unfortunately I won't get them before the weekend, but I should have them early next week". Now that's what I call the 'Personal Touch!".

I'll post here about how I like em.

Anyone wanna buy a set of: (info from Wingworx board)

Kuryakyn Ergo II with Unlighted Cruise Boards (pr) KU4059

Retail Price Your Price
$249.99 $149.99 plus shipping.

Detailed Description

Ergo II Cruise Mounts are undeniably the best highway peg available for the GL1800. The sturdy two-piece clamp assembly is easily installed and locates the swingarm mounting point high and tight for excellent cornering clearance. Offered with numerous footrest options and providing a wide range of adjustability, the Ergo II is sure to please.

Kuryakyn Highway Pegs offer a wide range of adjustment. It is the responsibility of the installer or the end user to ensure they do not interfere with the operation or cornering clearance of the motorcycle.
Fits: '01-'06 GL1800.

·
Registered
906 Posts
hey matt I'll take those mounts off your hands if u still got them!!!!gonna send u a email so we can get togeather!!!!superjett

1 - 16 of 16 Posts