GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chard Member
12,975 Posts
I've put a little over 10,000 miles on Alley Kat mufflers. I have enjoyed them and I can't tell any difference in performance. At first I drilled out the stockers to get a sound I wanted. I had tons of dead spots in the throttle when I did that! :cry:

The Alley Kats are polished stainless steel. They should last as long as the bike! LOL... The Kats sound like a real mellow glasspack. :D

If I needed another set for a reason, I would buy Alley Kats again.

(Can't believe I got two pics on here!...Yea Red! LOL!!)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which muffler has good sound and still has good low RPM power?

·
Registered
168 Posts
My recent experience

I just installed Torq Master mufflers on my 03 GL 1800 this week. I love the sound. It is a deep growl. I have not reset the ECM since I put them on but I do not notice any change since installing them.
They are easy to install in about 30 minutes. I would recommend them if you want good sound with out excessive noise.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I like the free ones that come with the bike. :a13:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it torq master or torq monster ? Any type of fuel mgt needed ? I have been riding vtx1800 and it required a fuel mgt so as not to run lean.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Mufflers

Spyderman said:
I also have Torq Masters on both my bikes. Everything about them is great, but one big advantage over any others is you can add a second baffle to quiet them right back to stock sound for long trips if you want.

Do you guys are with the baffles in or out :?:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Baffles

My bike has not required the ECM or fuel management. I just took off on a 250 mile ride and it reset itself. I ride with the silencer out. I have a set on the way, which I may use on long trips but so far I love the sound. It is very mellow, like the growl of a Valkyrie. It is a little harder to hear the CB, but I just turn it up and I hear fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts