GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, looking forward to being part of this forum!
Names Derek, born and raised in Arizona... still here. U.S. Navy veteran (10 yrs)
Just a few days ago, my dad made the decision (due to age and health) to hang up riding after 58 years. Turning 80 soon, so he has made his final decision.
He asked if I would like to have his 2005 GL1800, which floored me but was something awesome! I was always around him and his Wings since I was 4. Now, I will be turning 39 soon and though young, will be continuing on this Goldwing for him and to start enjoying for myself.
Have a 1996 VFR750F and a 2003 VFR800 as well. Will be looking forward to doing some add ons as well for the Goldwing!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Welcome to the site !

Buck

·
Registered
833 Posts
Welcome from Nova Scotia

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Welcome from GA -may see u in july heading to grand canyon then to cali! Enjoy the new ride your father just opened allot of memories for you!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin and ride safe

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Ahoy there matey! Welcome to the forum from another 10-year Navy Vet.

You came to the right place for Goldwing information. This is the best site on the ol' interweb to find out anything about your GL1800.

Hope you enjoy the bike as much as your Dad did.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Congrats... Lotsa smiles ahead! Willkommen!

·
Registered
502 Posts
A warm and hardy welcome from NJ glad to see you found us, your going to like it hear I promise.
Big Bill

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Welcome to the board and to Wing World.
thecruiser

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome from Florida. I started "Winging It" when I was 32 years old and have loved every minute of it. You are never too young to start and this forum is a wealth of information.
Enjoy yourself.
Fla Winger

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Welcome to the fun, I purchased my first Wing at 26, so don't sweat riding one at 39. Enjoy the ride (and no payments)!! The 2005 is a very good year for the GL1800. From one Navy vet to another, Welcome Aboard shipmate!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Congrats on the new to you wing, welcome to the forum. Great Dad. Sit and listen to his stories if you havent already, wish I had.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts

WELCOME to the forum, and congrats on your new ride. I'm sure you will take good care of your Dad's baby, I'm sure he will be watching. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Ahoy there matey! Welcome to the forum from another 8-year Navy Vet.
Subs all the way!

You will enjoy your new ride, trust me, I started with an '82 Wing when I was in my twenties.

Thank you for your service also :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Congrats on the new wing! You will see what made your dad buy it and keep it all these years. Those VFR's are going to collect some dust.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts