GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello dear experts,

recently I have noticed what sounds to be the engine pinking under load. Despite using higher oxtane it does not go away so I am thinking one or both knock sensors are defective. But the FI light has not shown an error.Also at low revs it seems to burp when changing from accelerating to decelearting.

Anybody have an idea? These knock sensors are very expensive in Holland. the part number 30530 but with different letters runs through Honda's car range as well. Are they the same, but costing a fraction?

Would appreciate some advice and also how do I read out the ECM errors assuming it has stored a code 25 or 26 somewhere corresponding to left or right.

Could the ECM itsself be defect?Loose wire knock sensor? Bike runs good and economical, no other problems evident.

Regards,

rob ""dutchaussie"".

·
Registered
147 Posts
Don't know about the knock sensors, but the wing wants 87 octane. The motor is a low compression motor so high octane is not needed.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
What year? My 02 pinged under heavy load with low octane, but my 2010 has never pinged once.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Ok, first I seriously doubt your GL1800 is both pinging and knocking. Although it might be possible. They are very different from each other sound wise. So let us know exactly what you are hearing. Pinging sounds like a bunch of marbles rattling around in a tin can. Knocking sounds like someone is beating the engine block with a hammer.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Low fuel pressure would cause a lean run situation. Could be the problem. If not, you will know what the problem isn't and will be one step closer to the solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts