GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this "GL1800 rear tire " thread is running and have been ask many time .

I have try to read as much as I can on that , but I'm still not decide yet which one I will pick

at this date which one can be a very good pick ,

I guess I can say that I don't do race driving with my GL1800 , in the same time I want them to have a good grip and last long ...big dilemma I know .

at the begin of this summer I have install a new front Dunlop E3 and I guess my GL is very sensitive to wobbling , since I got it right away after installation . For the visual aspect ( I know that not a lot ) but I found the E3 have a better tread look ;-)

Well that say , I hope , if you don't mind to share again your opinion or maybe redirect me to a thread that I have not read yet .

Thank you , have a great day and ride safe

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Go to the Darkside part of this forum and you will find your answer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well , I don't mind to visit the dark side like you say , but I'm french and I have no clue where to find the dark side ... what is that ??? :roll:

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
On my 08 wing I found the best set up for good wear, great traction and no wobble was a Bridgestone 709 front and 702 rear.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Bridgestone G709 for the front & Bridgestone G704 for the rear. Use the recommended sizes designed for your motorcycle. Run 40+/- psi in both tires.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well so far Bridgestone is leading :popcorn:

Just wondering ...does a rear dual compound tire can be good ?
if there one who can fit ..;-)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'm on my second set of E3s, no wobble, no problem. 1st set went 12K miles, still had some tread left, but I changed them before my upcoming trip to NC. A little howl in the corners, no big deal. Gripped well in wet or dry. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I know this "GL1800 rear tire " thread is running and have been ask many time .

I have try to read as much as I can on that , but I'm still not decide yet which one I will pick

at this date which one can be a very good pick ,

I guess I can say that I don't do race driving with my GL1800 , in the same time I want them to have a good grip and last long ...big dilemma I know .

at the begin of this summer I have install a new front Dunlop E3 and I guess my GL is very sensitive to wobbling , since I got it right away after installation . For the visual aspect ( I know that not a lot ) but I found the E3 have a better tread look ;-)

Well that say , I hope , if you don't mind to share again your opinion or maybe redirect me to a thread that I have not read yet .

Thank you , have a great day and ride safe
Too much brain matter being used, getting new tires is not that much of a delemma :). You have a choice of 3 major brands: Dunlop, Bridgestone, Mettzler. Just select one and wear it out....then you know if you liked it or not. Mileage varies from rider to rider, what I have used on the wing averaged 12,500 miles and were changed out no later than at the wear bars. I have used 3 D250's and 2 E-3's and am now running on the DS, a Kumho run flat. If you get a tire on and don't like it, you can sell it.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
The Darkside is about running a Car Tire on the rear ith many benefits than a M/C give you,and everything you mentioned you want from a tire.

It is part of this board.just read or ask questions here.
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31
It's not for everyone, But at the same time over 1,000 guys are using one brand or another.

I use a Run Flat.
:agree:

10,000,000+ miles, must be something to it.

·
Registered
19,065 Posts
The Car Tire on the rear has some advantages
* can ride on a flat with a run flat tire
* higher mileage
* less cost than motorcycle tire

BUT a motorcycle tire has
* tighter turning radius(DS would disagree but ask the people
who run Topgun contests why they switch back to a MT
* it takes more effort to turn.You have to push harder Vs MT

The choice is yours. Honda recommends in the manual against using a car tire. Many Darksiders are happy. I have to admit without Traxxion it may be the best choice

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The Darkside is about running a Car Tire on the rear ith many benefits than a M/C give you,and everything you mentioned you want from a tire.

It is part of this board.just read or ask questions here.
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31
It's not for everyone,But at the same ime ocer 1,000 guys are using on brand or another.

I use a Run Flat.
:agree: AS WELL :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts