GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any experience with or recommendations of a good seat to purchase as mine is getting worn.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Dude i dont know what to tell you but on my new 2012 the seat had a little spot on both sides on it from the shipping process,honde replaced it no questions asked but the seat was a little over 1600 dollers. so be ready to dig deep in the pockets.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Heeeeeeeere we go. Did you try doing a search? You'll get more answers than there are seats.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Interesting...My seat has about 70,000 miles and is starting to be worn and pulled at the seams. A vinyl/leather repair kit will work for awhile but I expect to be in the market for a different seat soon as well. I've been happy with the OEM seat but had not checked the price for a replacement. If indeed it is $1600 USD then a used seat or an after market seat such as Russel Day Long will be the way to go. Guess a good place to start would be the For Sale board.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hartco Seat for Sale

I have a Hartco I will sell if you are interested. See photos in my profile photos

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've been in the market... will probably order a Russel Day-Long for mine.

·
Registered
989 Posts
If you wore out the stock seat you must like it! You can buy a Brand New Oem for $265 from HDL here on the site/sponser...

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
If you wore out the stock seat you must like it! You can buy a Brand New Oem for $265 from HDL here on the site/sponser...

Thanks, I do and I will :). Just a couple of months away and I haven't started looking for one....good info.

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
Seats from Travelcade, Diamond, and Russell will all set you back over $1000 fully configured. Bike Solutions is a little less, but still not cheap.

The $265 for the OEM seat is a non heated version, so if you have heat, it will be more. But if you like your OEM seat, it's the best price you will find.

One thing that most people don't consider is that the OEM seat is also the only one that is waterproof. All of the aftermarket seats, even vinyl ones, are stitched together and have seams. Water will get through the covers and soak the foam if they aren't covered.

If you are happy with how the foam is holding up on your seat, and just need a cover, contact John at Bike Solutions. He has been working on a cover and I have seen the prototype. It's made from Marine grade vinyl and looks really nice.

·
Registered
19,376 Posts
Search
Ultimate:arrow:
Bike Solutions:arrow:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just bought a new mustang. It should be here on tuesday, If you are interested I will let you know how my wife and I like it.

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
does anyone have any experience with or recommendations of a good seat to purchase as mine is getting worn.
Interesting...My seat has about 70,000 miles and is starting to be worn and pulled at the seams. A vinyl/leather repair kit will work for awhile but I expect to be in the market for a different seat soon as well. I've been happy with the OEM seat but had not checked the price for a replacement. If indeed it is $1600 USD then a used seat or an after market seat such as Russel Day Long will be the way to go. Guess a good place to start would be the For Sale board.

Stock seats for the 2001-2010 are way cheaper than the 2012 seat which is restyled!
You can find both the Non-heatd $263 and Heated stock seats $481 here. http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_secti...y=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2008&fveh=12120

Used seats usually run about $100 to $250 for a heated seat.
Shipping is the killer due to the size of the box.

I bought a Heated seat/P-backrest for $150 about a year ago,and modified it to fit my 04.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ultimate seat

Thanks for the replies after reading alot of pages about seats I purchased a ultimate seat midrider combo with both backrests. Will let yall know how it works for me. The stock seat was too d*** uncomfortable after 100-150 miles I was needing to get off for awhile. We had seen the ultimate seats at a rally in panama city and liked them I have friends that have other brands and they like theirs I guess its to each his own. Be safe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts