GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a 06 GL1800

I've looked around a little, and cant find a video (Franks Videos are awsome), text form, that tells me what I need to take off the bike to get to the plugs ??

A little new to the Wing world, I know the plugs have to be just above the valve covers, but not sure how to get to them, what and how do you take the caling off to change, Please help!!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looking at what looks like valve covers, you will see three rows of bolts. Remove the bottom two rows. (5 bolts, if I recall correctly. 2 in the chrome trim piece, plus 3 on the lower part). Then you will be looking right at the plugs, can't miss them.

Again, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bolts

I TY very much , was looking for a video for myself an to past on to a friend!!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
on a 06 GL1800

I've looked around a little, and cant find a video (Franks Videos are awsome), text form, that tells me what I need to take off the bike to get to the plugs ??

A little new to the Wing world, I know the plugs have to be just above the valve covers, but not sure how to get to them, what and how do you take the caling off to change, Please help!!!!!!
Wrong, the plugs are just below the valve covers. Do NOT remove the valve covers. Once you've exposed the spark plugs area and removed the spark plugs wires, blow a blast of compressed air in the plugs' cavity to dislodge any foreing particles. Now you can remove the plugs.

While the spark plugs' covers are off, drain the clear hose that you'll see in front of the left cylinder's bank. If you've ridden in the rain a lot, you may find some liquid in this tube.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
on a 06 GL1800

If you intend to do this kind of service yourself I strongly recommend that you get the service manual.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Plug changes and wheel removal is outlined in the owners manual.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Blackwing,
Invest in the GL1800 Service Manual. It will certainly pay for itself. I'd also encourage you to do this sort of thing yourself--as is your plan. This board will supplement the service manual and your present know-how. There is a wealth of knowledge found here among members.

Remove the little black rubber plugs covering the allen holes.
Then remove the left and right cylinder head side covers to get to the spark plugs.
OB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts