GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my Goldwing to the California Superbike School at Thunderbolt Raceway. After I got tired of riding their girly little BMW S1000RR, they let me take a real bike onto the track. Don't be surprised if we soon see all the pro racers on GL1800s. :joke:

Photos here:
http://s1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb353/wonbythe1/California%20Superbike%20School%2008-01-11/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2098994286768.119532.1602736067

California Superbike School:
http://www.superbikeschool.com/

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Lap times ? (BMW vs. Wing )

By the looks of that tire, I'd say you had some fun. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Now if only the Wing had wheelie control to improve drive down the straight away, then the SS1000RR wouldn't stand a chance.....:lol: :joke:

Looked like you were having to much fun. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I'd like to see professional riders attempt Goldwing racing. I think the older GL's would be better 1000 and 1100 models.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like fun. Your not the 1st wing to be on a race track and not even the 1st yellow one.

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161047&highlight=Pocono
Wow, That is totally awesome. (There seems to be obvious truth to the rumor that the yellow ones are faster.:lol:)

Yup Honda John, I'm not the first, not the last, not the fastest, and not the best. I'm just out there having tons of fun and hopefully offering some encouragement to someone who might be thinking about something so crazy. To me, this was quite an exciting day. I never expected that they'd let me on the track with the "Land Yacht". I even caught som squids on it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
:congrats::thumbup: That had to be exciting! Good on you!!

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I'm green with envy. :thumbup: Yellow, the fastest? Obviously there was no Flare Red one there to embarrass you. :joke::lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could be right Trailsman.
I can say for sure that I was the fastest one on a Goldwing there that day.
:lol:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
You had a distinct advantage...running GPS. ...in .2 miles...turn left...recalculating.

Pretty cool and good photography. I bet it was hard to wipe the smile off your face that day.

Z

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You had a distinct advantage...running GPS. ...in .2 miles...turn left...recalculating.

Pretty cool and good photography. I bet it was hard to wipe the smile off your face that day.

Z
The navi definitely was a help. It also re-routed me around traffic. :lol:
Who says that the smile ever got "wiped off" yet? I know that others have done this sort of thing, but for me this was a huge, living large kind of a day.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Wow, That is totally awesome. (There seems to be obvious truth to the rumor that the yellow ones are faster.:lol:)

Yup Honda John, I'm not the first, not the last, not the fastest, and not the best. I'm just out there having tons of fun and hopefully offering some encouragement to someone who might be thinking about something so crazy. To me, this was quite an exciting day. I never expected that they'd let me on the track with the "Land Yacht". I even caught som squids on it! :thumbup:
I did here that it is a real fun track to ride on even in Jersey too.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did here that it is a real fun track to ride on even in Jersey too.
I have to confess that New Jersey isn't in my top ten most favorite places to be, but I did indeed have fun at Thunderbolt. :a13:

I'm sure I'll go back again someday. I don't have any other track to compare it to, but others there agreed that it is one of the better, safer tracks.

God bless,
Kurt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts