GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GL2Way CB comes on in the background even though it is off when i started the bike. There was a thread about it, but i cannot find it. Anyone? :shrug:

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
This is normal behavior and addressed in the product instructions its a throwback to some old functionality allowing the audio inputs on the GL2WAY to operate without the CB system being fully engaged. On some bikes the mute to the CB does not always translate every time.

We have had some customers express dislike of this as I actually do myself, our latest version of software V1.8 turns off this function. The update also adds some functionality and some user configurable settings along with a really trick NASA inspired roger beep.

You can send you unit in for upgrade whenever you like however most customers are choosing to wait until the winter, mean time run the squelch up before shutting down the CB and you should not be bothered with interruptions, in no way does this effect the normal operation of the unit.

·
Registered
243 Posts
What version of the software do I have?

Pete,
How do you know what version of the software is installed? I got mine about 1-2 months ago. Also, how do you turn on/off the Roger Beep?
Thanks!
Paul

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is normal behavior and addressed in the product instructions its a throwback to some old functionality allowing the audio inputs on the GL2WAY to operate without the CB system being fully engaged. On some bikes the mute to the CB does not always translate every time.

We have had some customers express dislike of this as I actually do myself, our latest version of software V1.8 turns off this function. The update also adds some functionality and some user configurable settings along with a really trick NASA inspired roger beep.

You can send you unit in for upgrade whenever you like however most customers are choosing to wait until the winter, mean time run the squelch up before shutting down the CB and you should not be bothered with interruptions, in no way does this effect the normal operation of the unit.

Tried that....but it reverts bact to the lower squelch every time.....ideas? Oh...I will wait for off seasonfor upgrade.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Roger Beep turned off/on is in bike controls. I think the right button on radio? Push down to toggle through options. I ASSUME I have V1.8

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Pete,
How do you know what version of the software is installed? I got mine about 1-2 months ago. Also, how do you turn on/off the Roger Beep?
Thanks!
Paul
Roger Beep as above

If you have the roger beep you have the latest software

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Tried that....but it reverts bact to the lower squelch every time.....ideas? Oh...I will wait for off seasonfor upgrade.
On the version of software you have you must allow 10 seconds before turning off for the settings to save if you don't the settings will revert, we reduced this to 2 seconds in the new software try that

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have roger/beep on my menu....does this mean i have latest version?

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
I have roger/beep on my menu....does this mean i have latest version?
Nope the item is in the menu but if you cant turn it on then you don't have the newest software and I know that you do not as you have the audio when off enabled

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope the item is in the menu but if you cant turn it on then you don't have the newest software and I know that you do not as you have the audio when off enabled

ahhhhh...ok...thanks Pete!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts