GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
When trying to use the frs setup with the GL2way I can receive with no problem but when transmitting I am only sending a carrier signal (no voice)

08 wing
GL2way (obviously) with FRS cable
edsets 3G (tried 2 helmets 1 with surface mic and 1 with boom mic)
edsets mic splitter to garmin 2820
Midland lxt 440 radios (tried 2 with same results) on compatible list

unit is set to FRS 2 beeps
intercom works as intended

I will be removing the shelter this weekend and checking/cleaning all the connections plus some other maint. just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how was it resolved?
MAy be an internal fault with MIC routing please contact me via our website

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Harry

I tried to call you but no answer

Do the radios talk to each other off the bike?

Does your CB transmit OK?

If you are getting even a dead carrier its not the switches the CB and FRS use the same circuits audio will not be effected you will either get TX or not

Basically if the CB works fine then the FRS works the same there is no separation

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
We had Harry's unit here and it was working fine I even had him on the phone while testing his problem is something localized to the bike maybe a pulled cable

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
Not to steal the thread, but I'm glad I'm not the only one thats challenged with the FRS unit. I'm 99.9% that the equipment is fine, but theres so many codes that seem to be set up on the radios themselves I'm never sure if I'm going to be able to use them or not.

We've got them to work but only have about 1-2 mile range on clear level ground.

If someone with radio knowledge could share an idiot 101 FRS radio setup it would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks
If they are talking over 1-2 miles they are working fine you have them coded correctly anything else is just radio performance and there are a fair few factors that effect that, I am sure your going to tell us that the box said 20+ miles but that is in optimum conditions on a clear day with a view of the empire State Building from Death Valley if your riding a unicycle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts