GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago we successfully installed the new CB onto my 2010. It worked flawlessly until last weekend. It just quit. I . My buddy and I tried the following with no luck:

* tried the "transmit button 3- times"
* changed communication devices
* switched his antenna to my bike

After all that and no luck, he grounded the antenna plug-in connection of the cable to the bike and it started working. He is not sure why. Now it has quit again. Help please.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Paul,

Contact Pete via his website as that is the best way to get it fixed and he is good concerning customer service.

AG GL

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Call Pete. This sounds like a customer service issue to me.

Connecting the ground to the CB making it functional means that the ground supply wire on the short CB interface cable has gone open (assuming everything else is working). Do you have an ohm-meter to measure the wire conductivity between the connectors (from GL2way to CB)?

Define 'just quit'.

- CB Error?
- CB can not be enabled on the Audio Unit?
- CB can be enabled on the Audio Unit, but you can not transmit/receive.
- You do not hear the Power-On-Self-Test Pshshsht
- PTT three times, does it respond with the acknowledgment beep(s)? (one for CB, two for FRS, none if CB unit has gone faulty or is not connected)

Can you open the squelch up? The fault LED, is it blinking a code? (everything normal is a blink every 5 seconds).

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Paul

Tried to call you but no answer so left you a message.

You need to be a little more descriptive than just "quit" for us to help you and also as the other posters have indicated please contact us via our website for any service needs as posting here may not get you the answer you need.

Is the unit dead, not transmitting not receiving.

I must tell you that a hugh amount of calls relate to units being switched to second radio mode and users reporting the inability to transmit or adjust CB settings I think we will have to look at making the switch to second radio harder to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts