GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new GL2Way unit without CB for sale.
I bought it a couple of months ago to use with my ham radio but it doesn't work out the way I wanted.
Nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't do what I want.
Main cable was installed in wing, but is clean.
GL2Way never permanently installed, just tested loose in trunk.
I have the main cable and the GL2Way to radio cable.
Paid $289 direct from BikeMP3
Can be upgraded to add CB by Pete at BikeMP3

If interested, make reasonable offer.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
93 Posts
gl2way

I bought it a couple of months ago to use with my ham radio but it doesn't work out the way I wanted.

Thanks,
Bob
Just curious, what kind of radio were you trying to connect. Mine works great with a Yaesu FTM10R and the CB.

If you are still interested in using it I may be able to help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GL2Way for sale

It works as it should, but I have decided I want to go bluetooth.
I have a Kenwood TMV7a
~Bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
GL2Way for sale

Bob,

I have been looking at purchasing one thru Bikemp3, but would take it off your hands for $200. if you are interested and understand if you cant accept the offer.

If I find something from a member for sale, I always try to take it off their hands before buying to help them out.

I assume this comes with all cables, but I do not see an Antenna as being listed, and what version is it?

I have also PM'd you.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GL2Way for sale

Bob,

I have been looking at purchasing one thru Bikemp3, but would take it off your hands for $200. if you are interested and understand if you cant accept the offer.

If I find something from a member for sale, I always try to take it off their hands before buying to help them out.

I assume this comes with all cables, but I do not see an Antenna as being listed, and what version is it?

I have also PM'd you.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve,
It comes with the main cable that connects to the wing CB harness connector. It also come with the short cable that would allow you to connect the GL2Way to your two way radio. It does not have the CB option and does no have an antenna.
Are you still interested?
~Bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
GL2Way for sale

Bob, I am still Interested. I would be using it with my Midland Portable CB, which would use the Bike MP3 "2 Plug Cable". Bike MP3 currently has the GL2ways backordered, and I'm not sure I could get one in time before my trip.

I would prefer to use PayPal for the transaction. Let me know if you are still interested, and I'll PM you with my cell phone # and we can talk later this afternoon.

Steve

Steve,
It comes with the main cable that connects to the wing CB harness connector. It also come with the short cable that would allow you to connect the GL2Way to your two way radio. It does not have the CB option and does no have an antenna.
Are you still interested?
~Bob

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GL2Way

Bob, I am still Interested. I would be using it with my Midland Portable CB, which would use the Bike MP3 "2 Plug Cable". Bike MP3 currently has the GL2ways backordered, and I'm not sure I could get one in time before my trip.

I would prefer to use PayPal for the transaction. Let me know if you are still interested, and I'll PM you with my cell phone # and we can talk later this afternoon.

Steve
Steve,

The GL2Way-to-radio cable that was supplied with my unit only has the connector that mates to the GL2Way and had bare leads on the other end...you would need to extend the cable and install the proper connectors for your radio. I also have several new connectors and contacts to build a new cable to mate to the GL2Way that I will throw in. All instructions are on the GL2Wat website. The main cable is still in my wing and I think I can get it removed tomorrow after work. I will accept $200 plus shipping. I usually ship things via USPS priority mail as it is convenient for me. PayPal is fine for me; my PayPal account email address is [email protected]

~Bob

·
Registered
28 Posts
GL2Way

Bob,
The only thing I am still checking on is that my bike is a 2012 Goldwing, and I'm thinking I read the 2012 GL2way cable is different than the 2001-2010 models. I would have to see what that would cost to see if this still would be the best route to go, but I am still interested..

Steve,

The GL2Way-to-radio cable that was supplied with my unit only has the connector that mates to the GL2Way and had bare leads on the other end...you would need to extend the cable and install the proper connectors for your radio. I also have several new connectors and contacts to build a new cable to mate to the GL2Way that I will throw in. All instructions are on the GL2Wat website. The main cable is still in my wing and I think I can get it removed tomorrow after work. I will accept $200 plus shipping. I usually ship things via USPS priority mail as it is convenient for me. PayPal is fine for me; my PayPal account email address is [email protected]

~Bob

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GL2Way for sale

Bob,
The only thing I am still checking on is that my bike is a 2012 Goldwing, and I'm thinking I read the 2012 GL2way cable is different than the 2001-2010 models. I would have to see what that would cost to see if this still would be the best route to go, but I am still interested..
Steve,

I will be waiting to here from you

~Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.