GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I rode from east to west through Glacier National Park. Then rode up to Logan Pass.

It was a nice ride....!

·
Registered
441 Posts
The Canadian Glacier National Park is no where near the USA Glacier National Park. Check your maps so you don't get lost! ;)
Correct! Canada's Glacier National Park is nowhere near the U.S.'s Glacier National Park.

For tourists' information:

Adjacent to the U.S. (Montana) Glacier National Park on the Canada (Alberta) side of the border is Waterton Lakes National Park.

The Canadian Glacier National Park is located near Rogers Pass between Revelstoke and Golden, British Columbia.

Tim

·
Registered
169 Posts
There is NO bad. However your penalty is that you must ride to BOTH Glacier National Parks and take photos showing your Goldwing there and post it here! Alas the border is closed till the end of July but we will be ardently following up with you to make this happen! LOL!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you can still do the Going to the Sun road I’d do it. I know the east entrance is still closed but you want to go west to east first anyways. All the pull offs are on the right side so you can stop and take pictures and enjoy the view. The drop offs on the right at places are breathtaking! Then once you get to the eastern side just do a turn around at the last stop there before leaving the park. Then you can just drive straight on back west and enjoy the view from a different angle and not worry about stopping. On our east to west trip it was so steep and stop and go traffic our wing started to overheat. Had to stop at a pull off and just watch the view for awhile till she cooled. It is beautiful there. Enjoy your trip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this to be one of the more annoying rides of the national parks. One road,going to the sun,aside from the construction for several miles,this was 4 years ago,the road is just jammed with rv's. Several times while climbing the mountain on the east side,I had to pull over because the bike was about to overheat because of the slow moving traffic

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello fellow wingers. In a few days a friend and I will be riding up through Lolo pass and figured being so close to Glacier Park we would be real knuckle heads to not go thru the park. I am curious as to which is the better direction to go thru. Apgar to St Marys or from St Marys to Apgar. Does not matter or do both ways? We will have 9 days to have fun so any advice would be great. We will be tent camping with no reservations anywhere. Are camping spots going to be hard to find? Thanks in advance for all the info.
I would start from the west side and the last time I was there a bear killed two campers in their tent. You diffently want to check out Logan's Pass but wherever you go you should make reservations especially now with the Corona virus epidemic.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well, we got back from our ride. Lolo Pass was a good time as well as chief joseph hwy. Stay away from GNP! It is only open from the west side and only to the end of the lake. Massive amounts of people still going in and from what I could see bumper to bumper traffic going in and out. No social distancing and very few masks being worn. The Idaho mountains were a good time as they always are. Got rained on a bit every day but 3. It still was a great get away.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts