GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I live in NE Portland, not far from the airport.

I am self-employed and work every weekend but can often take a day or two off during the week for a ride if you are looking for company.

Edit:
Just saw you are East Coast. Let me know if I can help with something.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can't get over there until Tuesday but would be happy to if you haven't found someone else.
Will PM you with a friend's email address, he lives near Latus and knows more about Wings that most people.

Reactions: Ironhorse1800

·
Registered
496 Posts
I looked at the link, it looks like a Navi model, I don't see any ABS badging on the front fender of the bike. They have it listed as an Audio/Comfort model, however, I do see the Navi buttons on the right side.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at the link, it looks like a Navi model, I don't see any ABS badging on the front fender of the bike. They have it listed as an Audio/Comfort model, however, I do see the Navi buttons on the right side.
I found someone in Oregon that looked at the bike on Saturday and sure enough the Harley dealer messed up the original ad that said it was a Airbag model. They changed the ad immediately after he corrected them that it was not a Airbag model. I couldn't thank him enough for taking his time to look at the bike for me, I was ready to buy and have it shipped to me.

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
This site is great for things like this. Well done guys n gals!

Side note. I found mine, lightly used at a Harley dealer, a couple hundred miles from home and a second one a few miles away. I put my son on the back of my VTX and we took off to buy a Wing, one or the other.

The one at the Harley dealer was better cared for and had a few more add-on items, so I cut the deal with them. The guy with the second bike was caring on about how much more the ABS model was worth. The Harley dealer didn't know the one they had was also ABS and I actually got it for less than they were asking.

As we were mounted up to head home (son no longer riding b****) the salesman was doing his best to show me "all the features". When he thought he was done, I asked what happens when you push this button, then that button. When my Wing started backing across the parking lot the look on his face was priceless! He starts screaming, "WTF, I didn't know!" We laughed half way home.:grin2:

·
Registered
496 Posts
This site is great for things like this. Well done guys n gals!

Side note. I found mine, lightly used at a Harley dealer, a couple hundred miles from home and a second one a few miles away. I put my son on the back of my VTX and we took off to buy a Wing, one or the other.

The one at the Harley dealer was better cared for and had a few more add-on items, so I cut the deal with them. The guy with the second bike was caring on about how much more the ABS model was worth. The Harley dealer didn't know the one they had was also ABS and I actually got it for less than they were asking.

As we were mounted up to head home (son no longer riding b****) the salesman was doing his best to show me "all the features". When he thought he was done, I asked what happens when you push this button, then that button. When my Wing started backing across the parking lot the look on his face was priceless! He starts screaming, "WTF, I didn't know!" We laughed half way home.:grin2:
Now that's funny, it seems that the H-D dealer would have made a little more money if he had taken the time to learn about what he was selling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts