Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Need higher mileage option sonny.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never thought Id be happy to rack up mileage on any veh/MC like i have with my 1800, Surely alot of you folks have been racking up some serious odo readings. WHOS GOT THE MOST????
Im just a whipper snapper, only got 14K on mine.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I don't get to ride quite as much as I'd like to. Only got in about 25k last year :cry:

I get home the first week of march, already have at least 11k planned before mid june!! :D

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i am happy to report only 696 so far, we have a few to get when and if spring gets here. then i can get to know the machine a little better.

loren

·
Registered
436 Posts
BrianSC, I'm in Sumter as well and I just got my GL1800 about four months ago but I have been deployed for three of the four months. I have about 3K on my Blk Warrior. I'll be back home in a week and a half I will look you up on this site then. Maybe we can throw some miles on the ol' Wing together. :blw1:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello from Sumter

Blk Warrior,

Sounds good to me. Only bad thing is Im deploying on July 30th. There is a chance that I may not go, but as of now, my a** is going! ha ha.

I had a question for IB Mike, but you may be able to help as well. What storing practices do you take for your Wing? I mean other than the obvious Fuel Treatment, Cover and Trickle Charger??

I thought of getting an outdoor vinyl shed, putting her up on center stand, cover her and run a de-humidifier. Perhaps Plug up Air intakes as I hear mice like to get in and chew on the airfilter.

I keep my Wing in my 18 X 32 shop
that I built 2 yrs ago, however with me being gone that long, I can see my wing getting in peoples way (My Father In Law/Brother In Law and other people who like to use the shop) while I am gone, you know people always having to move it around, etc.

My major motivator is my father in law hes 83 and he spray painted a picture frame about 18" from my Wing, I got to spend saturday scrubbing freaking white flakes off my baby. :banghead: I love my father in law, cant blame him on crap like that. Hes focused on project at hand.

Needless to say cover is on wing at all times now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
OK so I am a wimp. Only 12k miles on my '02, BUT I just got it last fall....late last fall.
LadyHawk and I will put a few more miles on this summer, after all it was HER idea to get the bike in the first place. :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
I was hoping to hit 25k before one year but I don't think I'll make it. I'm at 23,700 since 3/7/03.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Blk Warrior said:
I'll be back home in a week and a half I will look you up on this site then.
Keep your head down and have a safe trip home! I've still got about 3 weeks myself... I'll be right behind you!!

I'm READY TO RIDE!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Re: Hello from Sumter

BrianSC said:
I had a question for IB Mike, but you may be able to help as well. What storing practices do you take for your Wing? I mean other than the obvious Fuel Treatment, Cover and Trickle Charger??

My major motivator is my father in law hes 83 and he spray painted a picture frame about 18" from my Wing, I got to spend saturday scrubbing freaking white flakes off my baby. :banghead: I love my father in law, cant blame him on crap like that. Hes focused on project at hand.

Needless to say cover is on wing at all times now.
I ran out of time to properly store mine. I pulled the battery and put in the basement of the house, as it gets cold up my way. My SO also deployed in December, so there was no one at the house and I didn't want to leave the battery on the Tender when no one was home.

The bad part is I didn't get a chance to pick up any Stabil, so I didn't put any in.

Other than that is it on the center stand, covered.

My gal does a lot of wood working in the garage, so the worst thing I have to clean off is sawdust... but I usually just let it blow off as I ride!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts