GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
True - it does not get REAL cold in San Diego, but I like to be warm and toasty as I ride. We do have some elevations about 4000', where it does snow, and that does get a little cold on the hands.

I got these gloves, which are meant for snowmobile riders, but they're great for motorcycle riders also, as we have the same basic type of hand dexterity needs.

http://www.cabelas.com - search for

Cabela`s Gore-Tex XCR Glove @ $29.95 Pr

These have got to be the most comfortable, warm gloves I have ever worn. I hmmmd and hawwd over getting heated grips, but for $30 bucks, I think I went with the right choice for me.
~ You still have dexterity to navigate
~ Leather palm and fingers
etc ......

No I don't work for them, just couldn't see spending the money on grips when I didn't need them to ride through a harsh winter like the east coasters have.

Regor

· Registered
2,169 Posts
I bought a pair of gloves at Tractor Supply Company for eleven bucks that I like very well. They are leather palm, Thinsulate lined and very comfortable. The brand is 'CE Schmidt WorkWear' and is the new house brand for TSC. I normally wear XXL and bought these in XL.

I have no doubt that the Cabela's brand may be superior, but for eleven bucks these are real tough to beat. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.