GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
True - it does not get REAL cold in San Diego, but I like to be warm and toasty as I ride. We do have some elevations about 4000', where it does snow, and that does get a little cold on the hands.

I got these gloves, which are meant for snowmobile riders, but they're great for motorcycle riders also, as we have the same basic type of hand dexterity needs.

http://www.cabelas.com - search for

Cabela`s Gore-Tex XCR Glove @ $29.95 Pr

These have got to be the most comfortable, warm gloves I have ever worn. I hmmmd and hawwd over getting heated grips, but for $30 bucks, I think I went with the right choice for me.
~ You still have dexterity to navigate
~ Leather palm and fingers
etc ......

No I don't work for them, just couldn't see spending the money on grips when I didn't need them to ride through a harsh winter like the east coasters have.

Regor

·
Registered
837 Posts
Now those would be nice even here where I'm at, especially for Susan.
I'm going to bookmark the site for future use. Thanks for the review and posting the website Regor.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I bought a pair of gloves at Tractor Supply Company for eleven bucks that I like very well. They are leather palm, Thinsulate lined and very comfortable. The brand is 'CE Schmidt WorkWear' and is the new house brand for TSC. I normally wear XXL and bought these in XL.

I have no doubt that the Cabela's brand may be superior, but for eleven bucks these are real tough to beat. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts