GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw it somewhere, but CRS. What brand is best and where can I buy them? thanks in advance.
Joe

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Dive Master said:
Not available in grown-up sizes. :cry:

Verdayne said:
I use brown jersey gloves. The grips heat my hands real nicely with these.
No protection in get-off situation.

I usually use

* Constructed of three ply ribbed Lycra/Airoprene fabric with Clarino and Carbon fiber reinforced fingers and thumb
* Flexible neoprene knuckles and cuff
* Lycra finger panels for extra comfort
* Palm is made of leather with thin layer of gel padding
* Reflective piping for added safety
* Gel padded palms provide maximum comfort, protection and shock absorption
* Adjustable strap
* Throttle and thumb reinforcement
$24 from New Enough dot Com

They really really breath. If it's below 40 degrees I might add a thin thermax liner too. If it's below 15 I use military wool liners.

I've found that the big enemy to comfortable hands while using heated grips is the sweat that builds up inside the glove. Even my high-dollar Goretex-lined BMW gloves get overloaded, clammy, and cold.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I've used a variety of leather gloves with my heated grips and have found they all work well including a pair of half finger gloves. Different choices for different weather conditions. The heated grips make them all better.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I have been using a summer deer-skin roper style glove. I wear it about a half size large and that allows the heat to circulate around my hands. With the heated girps and this glove I can ride with comfort into he high 20s or low 30s. I do not ride in much colder weather than that so they work just peachy for me. :D

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
I went to a snow ski lodge near here and purchased a pair of Scott gloves with padding on the backs and thin palm area. Works great with heated grips. If there are any ski areas near you, give it a shot. I also heard that snowmobile gloves have the same characteristics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts