GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you wear them? What kind? Why?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I wear deer skin gloves when I ride, I have always worn gloves while riding motorcycles or my ATV's. My wife bought the gloves for me for Christmas, so I had to buy the Gold Wing to have a use for the gloves.

·
Registered
2019 Tour DCT
164 Posts
Always wear gloves for protection and warmth in winter. My regular gloves are Napa Leather gloves.. wear them as the weather permits. If really hot have a pair of Tourmaster mesh gloves.. and in the winter if I need something warmer.. I use my Gerbing heated gloves. Hate my hands to bet cold!

·
Love The DCT
12,183 Posts
I wear a variety of different thickness deerskin and leather gloves in the summer, Ice Armor gloves in cold weather. :doorag:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes..........almost always:eek:4:.....I should know better. Fingers are one of the first things to get shmucked in a crash, hurt like **ll and seem to take forever to heal.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
:agree:What buzz57 said!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Yes
Alpinestars
I like my skin

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes- I always wear gloves for protection. Tourmaster mesh gloves in the summer and Gerbing G3's in the winter.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Do you wear them? What kind? Why?
This post was done a few weeks ago

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287737&highlight=gloves

I tried to order a couple of these on line and they were all sold out. As a result I ordered Joe Rocked Atomic 3s, not bad price and they are very comfortable for summer. Good protection on the hand and feel good. Might be a little short but for a summer glove thats fine for me. If your hand measurement is on the higher end of the scale - I recommend you go to the next size up. I had a $15.00 off coupon from Cycle gear so got a pair for my wife as well.

For winter I use heated gloves.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I wear Tourmaster gloves in the summer plan on getting Gerbings for this winter. Used to wear flight gloves those are very comfortable but not too good if they hit the pavement.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have 4 pair of gloves. 2 for summer and 2 for winter. Hot, warm, cool and cold. Why? Once upon a time I went down, tore up a pair of leather gloves on the pavement. my left hand had light road burn. I thanked the gloves and plan on wearing them if I go down again.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I wear one of two pairs from www.foxcreekleather.com. One is a lighter weight deerskin and the heavier is made from elkskin. Why? Because the one time I went down, the hands hit first and the elskin had barley a mark; but I hit hard. Glad it wasn't my bare hand. Both deerskin and elk skin are more abrasion resistant than cow.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I assume you ask why as in "why that particular glove?". Or as in, "why brand x instead of brand z?", or "why deer skin instead of mesh?".

I have some extremely worn out, in serious need of replacement Tour Master leather/mesh with a (used to be) gel palm for summer, because I thought it would breathe better than a perforated leather glove, and my hands will sweat a bit in hot weather. I wear Gerbings when it gets cool enough.

·
Registered
19,440 Posts

SUMMER-AVG SPORT WINTER-Tourmaster Elite

Been down twice not a nick on my hands

1 - 20 of 62 Posts