·
Registered
19,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your glove of choice for the summer

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I've found gloves are like most other things. For the most part, pay more, get better quality, last longer, more comfortable and so on. I had the Held Airstream II gloves for about 10yrs and really liked them, but decided to try the Klim Induction gloves this time. I've only had them 3 weeks, but have done 4,000 miles already and I think they are the best summer gloves I've ever tried. 109 degrees for a couple hours heading to Las Vegas a few days ago and had no complaints at all.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I prefer the Aerostich Elk-Skin Ropers. They are soft, comfortable, and last. I have been using the same pair of gloves for at least 10 years

Reactions: Harpo

·
Registered
471 Posts
What is your glove of choice for the summer
Foot Joy golf gloves in Large size, both a Right and Left.
For summer riding, these are the most comfortable and cool gloves available.

I also wear a pair at the gym for lifting weights, and will never again wear those stupid thick fingerless gym gloves.

Okay, I can hear you laughing, but golf gloves on the bike during hot summer days is almost like riding without gloves.
Try it, you will change your mind.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I wear gloves to protect my hands in event of a crash. The pair I currently wear by Biltwell have knuckle protection and little plastic air scoops to improve air flow.

Reactions: WingNero

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
For sure get gloves that won't come off in the event of a slide down the road. You may think your gloves are great, they may be great in many ways, but if they have no means of staying on they do very little good for protection other than no sunburn hands while riding. Same idea as riding without hooking up your helmet strap. Some gloves the way they stay on can be painful. I have too many gloves that fasten with velcro and put a folded hunk of leather against the wrist. Reason I got the Klim Induction. You can more or less fine tune the gloves to your wrists with velcro, but the main closure is a nice zipper. Takes 2 seconds to zip up the zipper and you're done and they are not going to come off until unzipped.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I hope the moderators and "2018" members don't mind my posting this here on the 2018 Goldwing Board (I don't have a 2018 or later model) - I have Motoport Kevlar gloves with knuckle protection and a wrist strap to hopefully keep them on my hands in the event of a road slide. The Kevlar blend material does not absorb water so when they do get wet they dry they dry almost immediately. My hands have never felt hot wearing the Motoport gloves. I can't remember when I bought them as it was a long time ago. When the outside temperature drops I switch to Gerbings heated gloves.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Foot Joy golf gloves in Large size, both a Right and Left.
For summer riding, these are the most comfortable and cool gloves available.

I also wear a pair at the gym for lifting weights, and will never again wear those stupid thick fingerless gym gloves.

Okay, I can hear you laughing, but golf gloves on the bike during hot summer days is almost like riding without gloves.
Try it, you will change your mind.

And that particular model, WEATHERSOFT, is also fairly rain resistant, if I recall. And thanks for reminding me about those. My Summer gloves are pretty much Toast now.

·
Registered
466 Posts
In summer on non sport bikes I wear a pair of Alpine Star gloves. Leather. No gauntlet. Knuckle protection. Little finger and ring finger connected. Velcro strap to tighten, and Velcro flap to close.

I wear these because they’re comfortable, and force of habit. I’ve had them for many years.

If it’s a sporty bike, I’ll switch to a pair of Held Titans which take the protection a higher level.

Buy good gloves. If you buy high quality gear, you only cry once.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't know how to but wish I could post pictures of my hands after my garbage harley gloves came off during a highway crash last fall ( got the death shake at 70MPH on hd garbage) I always wore gloves but now know they are an extremely important piece of gear

·
Registered
34 Posts
I started out with Aerostich Ropers, a great Elkskin glove for $49. Extremely comfortable with a thick, tough hide, but a very basic design with no extra knuckle or palm protection, just a basic Elkskin shell. I loved them but for me, a major flaw was the way they were secured to your hand. They had a single wrist snap. I could pull the glove off with the snap attached. I had no confidence they would stay on my hands in the event I came off the bike. They are now the best (and most expensive) pair of yard work gloves I've ever owned. I replaced them with REV'IT Fly 2. $90, Perforated goatskin, knuckle protector, a palm slider, e-touch finger tips that occasionally work on my iPhone, and a very secure velcro wrist attachment. After 3 years and 25K miles, they're a keeper.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-fly-2-gloves

·
Registered
26 Posts
Aerostich Elkskin Ropers. They are thick and sturdy and comfortable.

Reactions: Bulitt
1 - 20 of 43 Posts