GL1800Riders Forums banner

"GLOW" CONTROLS

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Pigeon Roost 
#1 ·
Does anyone out there use "Glow in the Dark"
or hard wired stickons to illuminate their controls?
I don't ride that much at night, but when I do,
not being able to see the controls can get really
annoying. I'd like to get opinions on both before
I make my decision.
Thanks again to all!

#4 ·
I have the EC glow in the dark.

I fully charged them one evening with the light that came with them. (Early
evening). the next morning they were still lit up. Not real bright, but I never ride all night long anyway. I have ridden from daylight into the darkness and have noticed that they will do the job. If you stop and charge them at dusk they will last long enough and be bright enough to read. This is just my opinion.

The only problem I have had is that some of the edges have come loose. I think it is from my golve on the left side snagging the edge as I use my turn signal. All I had to do was put some super glue under it very carefully and I have not had any more problems.

I am satisfied with mine.

#8 ·
Illuminated Controls

:) I had the Electrical Connection Glow Contols for about a year, they work ok but dont stay lite very long. I broke down and bought the Rivcos they look nice but there quality on there electrical harness leaves a lot to be desired, I installed them per there instructions only to find the left side inoperative. Tracked it down to there harness, the little car computer terminals that go into the overlays had a poor crimp on the terminals. My advice trust me is to connect all the wiring and test them before using the heat shrink tubing. In my case I hade to cut the heat shrink off buy more heat shrink and I soldered every connection. But overall I like the Rivcos better then the Electrical Connections. :? :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

#9 ·
I got the glow controls on mine. Have to agree with the others on the lack of light pas a hour or so. They do look good during the day. If I had to do it again I'd put out the money and get the Rivco lighted ones.
Litnlennie

#11 ·
I didna even know these existed! I went to Hal's online sore and looked up the Rivco product and read the reviews. This looks like a winning product to me too. Like teh second reviewer stated though, what if you need to work on the OEM bike parts lying benieth the add on; is that gonna destroy the accessory?

prs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.