GL1800Riders Forums banner

GMAC Driving test

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  ziggystyles 
#1 ·
Try this, a 20 question driving test.

GMAC DRIVING TEST

I have to admit that I was not really sure of two questions, but I guessed right. Here's my results:
National Drivers Test - Results
Your score was: 100%

#2 ·
95%

I seem to remember that if you are in a dust or blowing smoke situation the headlights reflect too much light back at you and limit your ability to see through it. So I answered parking lights for that one.

#9 ·
Well, I think their answer to number seven is incorrect. How can one wait until ALL oncomiing traffic has gone by? How about that car ten miles down the road? All "dangerously close" traffic seem more nearly correct to me.

#11 ·
Smitty said:
Well, I think their answer to number seven is incorrect. How can one wait until ALL oncomiing traffic has gone by? How about that car ten miles down the road? All "dangerously close" traffic seem more nearly correct to me.
if you can see a car ten miles away all I can say is WOW :roll:

#12 ·
Smitty said:
Because its a right of way. If you are turning left and they are going straight...they have the right of way. This isn't an issue at 4-way stops...if a person is turning left (to your right) and you are going straight, you have the right of way. However, after you go...they can then zip across to the left. But at intersections where cross traffic doesnt stop...you have to give the right of way to those who go straight.

I got 95...the turning question didnt make sense. White lines always seperate from the main road and make a seperate lane. Sometimes they have white arrows....but rarely.

#15 ·
7. When waiting to make a left turn, you should give the right-of-way to vehicles coming from the opposite direction: (Select one)
a. Until at least two vehicles have passed
b. Until dangerously close cars have passed
c. Until all of the cars have passed

I can't agree with that one. But not because I can see a car 10 miles down the road but on a busy, main road through town where I live you would die of starvation before no cars were coming towards you. Actually I would probably have someone stuck behind me get out of their car and beat me to death or push me out of their way if I waited for all cars to pass. Of course I teaching my daughter somewhere between b and c. Not just the dangerously close but also the close cars.

#16 ·
Thanx, you guys are making my point exactly. No, I can't see a car coming ten miles down the road - but it is still "oncoming traffic". In other words, one can't ever know when "all" oncoming traffic has passed. I probably wouldn't pull out if there was a car a half block away doing 70mph, but I sure wouldn't wait for a car three blocks away doing 20mph. It's the "dangerously close" oncoming traffic that one is concerned about. Whew!

BTW, I missed two and got 80%!? As the saying goes, "There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and those who don't".

#17 ·
gdaddy said:
7. When waiting to make a left turn, you should give the right-of-way to vehicles coming from the opposite direction: (Select one)
a. Until at least two vehicles have passed
b. Until dangerously close cars have passed
c. Until all of the cars have passed

I can't agree with that one. But not because I can see a car 10 miles down the road but on a busy, main road through town where I live you would die of starvation before no cars were coming towards you. Actually I would probably have someone stuck behind me get out of their car and beat me to death or push me out of their way if I waited for all cars to pass. Of course I teaching my daughter somewhere between b and c. Not just the dangerously close but also the close cars.
the answer to that question should be re-worded to something like "untill it is safe to proceed" or "yield the right of way till it's safe to proceed"

I agree the wording could have been better.

#19 ·
Smitty said:
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand hexadecimal and those who don't".
That should be binary. one zero in binary is 2 in decimal, one zero in hexidecimal is 16 in decimal so you would need to list off the other 14 choices. Isn't it nice that we let little things slide :lol:

#20 ·
J-mac said:
uuum I don't get it??? I answered all the questions correctly and the test results were 95% ??????????

How does that work[/u]
I dont think it highlighted the incorrect questions. At least didnt for me until I went over each question and realized the bolded answer was not the one I chose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.