1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
3,711 Posts
I think my next helmet is going to be a GMAX 68. Does anyone have experience with one in the rain? Unfortuantely the reviews I've read don't include this in formation.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/gmax/gm68s/

Twyn I bought the Gmax 68 this January from Hals sight ( got the red and white) It's a great helmet weight wise and veiw from inside .

It is a daily helmet for me

From January to be honest I dont think I have been in any rain with it yet
so the jury is still out on that part .The only thing I can tell you is on the bad point is wind noise :shock: this helmet has a huge amount of wind noise .
If that is something that bothers you a lot don't buy it .
For me it is a big differance in noise from my HJC full face that I was wearing. The good points for me out weigh the only bad one so far .
This g max fits great no pinching any where a lot easier to get glasses on and off than the HJC .The HJC was a daily rider and four years old when I got the G max . It is a great helmet I think it looks good and fits great .
I am sure that a lot of folks would never be happy with the noise .

Only other thing that I found so far is this helmet on cool mornings will tend to fogg some in the face sheild , but what I found is just slightly crack the sheild up on notch and problem is gone .

·
Registered
298 Posts
anti fog face shield

Kevin:

You may want to consider trying the winter/snowmobile anti-fog face shield that is available. I was considering buying this helmet until I read about the wind noise. That's the thing I am trying to get away from with my current helmet, but I noticed that the Gmax is available for snowmobiles that include a two layer screen to reduce fogging during winter rides. The clairity is reported to be good and the specs on the helmet suggest that the winter screens are interchangeable. Again, I haven't tried this, but it was my plan until I read about the noise.

Just an idea...

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I wear ear plugs most of the time, so I don't know how bad the noise will actually be. For the price it's worth a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts