GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
yep, the superbowl is right around the corner, Altho I'm originally from Ohio and all my family is for the steelers. I'm a cardinal fan...Go cardinals

·
Registered
602 Posts
Having watched Kurt Warner perform his "majic" for several yrs w/the Lams (er, uh, formerly the Rams) - I wanna see Kurt & my former gridbirds succeed.

Having watched the bumbling, stumbling, & anything-but-charismatic Bidwell Brothers, again for several long & painful years - wish there was a way that the Gridbirds could win & the Bidwell's lose ! :joke:

Kurt Warner has had his priorities right for years ! He & his Brenda (wife) donate tons of $$ & their time whenever they can to assist special needs children at a special camp in SW Mo. I've flown down there from the StL area several summers to help give the kiddies plane rides. Kinda neat to see a NFL quarterback in & amongst the kids, doing grunt work, anything, to help their cause !

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Somebody told me that the Cards were 100 to 1 odds back in August to go to the Superbowl. A 100 hundred dollar bet at that time would have been a nice windfall now.

I'm admittedly a recent Cardinal fan. Too many depressing years watching them. But I just like the game, never had a really favorite team, til now.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
My Brother has been a Steeler's fan since we were Knee High to grasshoppers.

However I wish him luck, but this year was the first year I ever watched the Cardinals, I am routing for the Cards I like how Kurt can thread the needle like no other.

Myself I am caught up in between teams, been a long standing Packers fan, now my Brett moved to the Jets.

GO CARDS !!!

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Okay, okay...time for a story gang!

Back in the early days of our great state - y'know, before there were six million people and one NFL team...most of the state rooted for teams in the vicinity - Denver, San Diego, L.A., Dallas, Oakland.

I'm a loyal Dallas fan, and have been forever, but - in the interest of rooting for the NFC and to insure the Super Bowl record for wins stays tied at five between the 49'ers, the Cowboys and the Steelers...), for the next 48 hours, I'll be a Cardinals fan - but NOT a Bidwell fan.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Kurt Warner has had his priorities right for years ! He & his Brenda (wife) donate tons of $$ & their time whenever they can to assist special needs children at a special camp in SW Mo. I've flown down there from the StL area several summers to help give the kiddies plane rides. Kinda neat to see a NFL quarterback in & amongst the kids, doing grunt work, anything, to help their cause !
Just to reinforce your statement and help put right a good but inaccurate email floating around the cybernet...

Summary of eRumor:
Kurtis, a stock boy, meets and falls instantly in love with Brenda, a cashier at the supermarket where they both work. He asks her out, and she resists, saying she's got 2 kids and no money for a babysitter. Kurtis offers to pay for the sitter, so she accepts. Kurtis meets the children, one of whom is a boy in a wheelchair who has Down Syndrome. At the last minute, the babysitter is not available, and Kurtis offers to take the whole family out for the evening. He's a hit with the kids and they are a hit with him and Brenda decides Kurtis is the man for her. A year later, they are married and Kurtis, the stock boy, is actually Kurt Warner, the quarterback for the St. Louis Rams.

The Truth:
The story of Kurt and Brenda Warner's meeting and marrying is an often-told and inspiring one, but this particular eRumor version of it includes a lot of fiction.

They did not meet as fellow employees at a supermarket and their son does not have Down Syndrome.

When they met, Kurt was a university student and Brenda was a divorced single mom living on food stamps. In his autobiography "Keep Your Head Up," Kurt describes his and Brenda's first encounter when a teammate at the University of Northern Iowa talked him into going to a country-music club in Cedar Falls, Iowa. There was an instant connection, but Brenda didn't know whether it would last. Not only was she a single mom, but one of her two children, her son Zachary, had significant medical problems. He was blinded and brain-injured when accidentally dropped to the floor by her first husband. Kurt was not turned aside by the children or Zachary's condition and he and Brenda forged a relationship that resulted in their marrying four years later. Kurt's celebrated job at a grocery store took place in 1994 after he got a pink-slip from the Green Bay Packers. He returned to Cedar Falls and worked nights stocking shelves for $5.50 an hour. He rose to fame by throwing an amazing 41 touchdowns for the Rams, bringing them to a 13-3 record and to memorable victory in Super Bowl XXXIV. He's become known for his commitment to his family, his clean-kid lifestyle, and his Christian faith. He and Brenda now live in St. Louis with their four children Zachary, Kade, Jesse, and Jada Jo. He is the founder of the First Things First foundation. Click here for his website.

Great Quarterback for a desreving team, Leila and i will be rootingfor them! Either way it should be a good Superbowl!

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Great Quarterback for a desreving team, Leila and i will be rootingfor them! Either way it should be a good Superbowl!
As someone who gave up on the NFL some years ago, and hasn't watched a Super Bowl in about a dozen years, I just had to watch this year. I wasn't disappointed. What a great game! Even though my team lost there was plenty of action and both teams had changes to win.

I'm proud of the Cahds and actually looking forward to next season. :yes1::yes1::yes1:

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
Enough of football, now, time for racing season to start!
Got a feeling racin' is going to go through some very rough times this coming season. The sponsors aren't there and neither are a lot of fans (in person anyway). I think this may lead to further consolidation with the "big" teams getting even more dominate. That won't be good for anyone.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Got a feeling racin' is going to go through some very rough times this coming season. <...> That won't be good for anyone.
You're right, but I'm starting to watch only the first half or so of the season anyway. I start getting bored and, besides, I'd rather be out riding on Sunday afternoon, anyway.

Besides, after getting a DVR last year, racing is one of those things I can watch a bit later in the week in 1/3 the time...so they really love me! :wrong:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts