GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making the change, Bridgestone 195/55/RF16, have Bushtec Trailer hitch, 2015 wing with Centramatic balancers, should I expect any issues or will this be a straight forward install? Thank You.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
With a Rivco hitch, I lay mine down to remove & replace the tire.

Eleven months and 20,000 miles ago.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a different hitch but same size tire(Yokahama). I get the tire and wheel up into the well and then slide the centramatic into place between the wheel and the studs. Works for me. Next time I am going to probably put the Wing to sleep on her right side instead of using the HF mc jack.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a different hitch but same size tire(Yokahama). I get the tire and wheel up into the well and then slide the centramatic into place between the wheel and the studs. Works for me. Next time I am going to probably put the Wing to sleep on her right side instead of using the HF mc jack.[/QUOTE

How many miles, average, you getting with that tire?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a different hitch but same size tire(Yokahama). I get the tire and wheel up into the well and then slide the centramatic into place between the wheel and the studs. Works for me. Next time I am going to probably put the Wing to sleep on her right side instead of using the HF mc jack.[/QUOTE

How many miles, average, you getting with that tire?
I don't have but 6-7k so far and it's my first DS tire. I expect 20k+ since I usually got 17-19 out of the 4 or 5 sets of Dunlop E3's and E4's. Guess I'm not considered as an aggressive rider though I do like to take the twisties at a quick pace. I just don't care to actually scrape the pegs. All that being said I really like this tire. 30 minute slight learning curve and now I don't really feel the difference. :grin2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts