GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is almost like going from a horse and buggy to a new caddy. This thing is really fast with routing, the XM works fantastic, the map detail and screen size are real good. I can do a long route about 100 times faster then with the SP3. Jon, all I can say is Thanks for all your help and information. I am going to wait until Spring before I turn on the weather. Holly and I went through a few real bad thunder storms last summer. Maybe this summer we will be able to skirt around most of them. I also want to say Thanks to DT for his help.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
BlueWing said:
...I also want to say Thanks to DT for his help.
Glad to be of service.

You're right, the differences are amazing! But if you haven't had the opportunity to ride at night and see a storm cell show up on the NEXRAD, you're in for a treat.

Have a blast with it and ride safely!!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
What does something like this cost..........with all the bells and whistles,
Mounts, subscriptions, weather radar?? I guess I want one.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Of course you do! :)

You can see some comparitive pricing on the spreadsheet that RickM built at this link: http://www.rickandjanis.com/gps.htm

Your situation would be a little different since you already have some of the components you would probably need, but it's a good starting point.

The XM weather will set you back $30/month after a $50 setup fee.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

OK OK Jon, enough with the high pressure sales tactics <<G>>.

It is just a matter of waiting until YOU give the Iway 600 a thumbs up or down and then I will go with the one you recommend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts